[Query] What does "Project Size" on the proposal page mean?

Abheesht Sharma

Apr 13, 2022, 2:21:30 PMApr 13
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello GSoC organisers,

I was going through the proposal submission page. There is a field, "Project Size" there (please see the attached image). What does the field mean? Does "medium" mean that the duration of the project will be 3 months, and "large", 6 months?

Thank you!

Regards,
Abheesht.

project_size_img.PNG

Google Summer of Code Support

Apr 13, 2022, 2:27:55 PMApr 13
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com

I was going through the proposal submission page. There is a field, "Project Size" there (please see the attached image). What does the field mean? Does "medium" mean that the duration of the project will be 3 months, and "large", 6 months?

Project size is medium (175 hour project) or large (350 hour project).  The length of the project 10-22 weeks is something you need to specifically talk to your org about if you want something other than the standard 12 week project length.

The orgs have designated the size of project they expect with each project idea on their Ideas list. When submitting your proposal you should be sure to match the size project they have listed. If you think the project should be smaller or larger then you must talk to the org before you submit your proposal to see if they agree.