Regarding conributor eligibility for GSoC 2024

Humaid Kidwai

Feb 22, 2024, 12:09:03 AMFeb 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi,

As per the guidelines, the contributor must be eligible to work in the country they reside for the duration of the program.
Does this mean eligibility for full-time work or part-time work?
Let's say a contributor works on a Medium sized project, which is 175 hours as per the rules. So 175 hours over a period of 16 weeks would be roughly 11 hours/week. Part-time work usually is 20h/week.
If somebody is eligible for part-time work only, can they participate in the program then?

Stephanie

Feb 22, 2024, 12:11:21 AMFeb 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
As per the guidelines, the contributor must be eligible to work in the country they reside for the duration of the program.
Does this mean eligibility for full-time work or part-time work?

You must be eligible to work in the country in which you reside. Regardless of the project size you select.

Nabhag Motivaras

Feb 22, 2024, 4:12:40 PMFeb 22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
you are eligible if country you reside is not banned. it isn't based on part-time/ fulltime. as long as you can take enough time for project you are good to go.

Humaid Kidwai

Feb 22, 2024, 4:12:45 PMFeb 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I am not eligible to work for more than 20 hours/week. How does that affect my eligibility?