Eligibility of students who are not beginners to open-source

bo...@sip-communicator.org

Apr 18, 2024, 3:51:26 PMApr 18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello,

We've received some good proposals from contributors who are students, but are clearly not beginners to open-source (by their own proposals, they have been contributing to open-source projects for "many years"). According to this FAQ[0] they are eligible for the program, but another post here mentions that proof of enrollment is no longer necessary. I wanted to confirm what the intention is.

Thanks,
Boris

[0] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#what_are_the_eligibility_requirements_for_participation

Stephanie Taylor

Apr 18, 2024, 3:54:50 PMApr 18
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

We've received some good proposals from contributors who are students, but are clearly not beginners to open-source (by their own proposals, they have been contributing to open-source projects for "many years"). According to this FAQ[0] they are eligible for the program, but another post here mentions that proof of enrollment is no longer necessary. I wanted to confirm what the intention is.

If they are a student they are eligible for GSoC 2024.