QUERY

Vaibhav Tiwari

Dec 27, 2022, 1:58:34 PM12/27/22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Greetings GSOC Discuss Team,

I am Vaibhav , currently pursuing my first-year engineering in Delhi Technical  Campus. I have a doubt  that  ---"How can I start contributing to an organization before GSOC starts?". I hope I will get reply as soon as possible.

Thanks & regards,
Vaibhav Tiwari

Platonides

Dec 27, 2022, 9:31:01 PM12/27/22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vaibhav

The organizations that participate in GSOC like practically all entities producing open source software, have some ways in which new people can contribute. How to do that will vary from organization to organization. Generally, there will be some communication platform (mailing list, forum, irc channel...) where you could introduce yourself and ask about the next steps for contributing.

Regards

sumaiya qureshi

Jan 13, 2023, 9:42:42 AM1/13/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Vaibhav!

I also have some questions as a contributor / Student just like you.

I've opt for the Organizations :-

Oppia and 52 North.

URL of 52 North :-

URL of Oppia :-

Can you please guide me regarding sending proposals to these organizations?

Is it really necessary to contribute towards two organizations?

What if I only stick to one organization i.e Oppia?

Because I am getting both Mentors / Contributors Response by Oppia but not getting 52 North Response.

I guess it would create overhead if two organizations would be added up.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Sumaiya.

ARYAN BHARGAV_A_33

Jan 23, 2023, 8:30:05 PM1/23/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Although I do not have the answer to your query being less experienced in the concerned matter.

I would like to thank you for mentioning these organizations that now I can find the organization that best suites me.......through the site link you provided

Regards,
Aryan