Google Summer of Code & Season of Docs at FOSDEM! Let's Meet Up in Brussels!

Stephanie

Jan 8, 2023, 10:51:17 PM1/8/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) and Season of Docs (SoD) will be at FOSDEM! There will be multiple opportunities to meet up with the GSoC team and previous GSoC participants during the long weekend in the Brussels area. If you would like to learn more about these Google programs, and will be at FOSDEM (or nearby) come meet us!

Thursday, February 2nd, 4-5pm -- The Mons Google Developer Group will be hosting GSoC and SoD at the Faculté Polytechnique de Mons (9 rue de houdain Mons, 7000). Please register and bring your friends who are interested in learning more about GSoC and SoD.

Saturday, February 4th and Sunday, February 5th -- the GSoC and SoD team will be attending FOSDEM throughout the day and would be delighted to meet and talk with you all.  You can find more information on exactly where we’ll be and at what time at our FOSDEM site which we will update in the days leading up to FOSDEM.  We don’t have a stand this year but we will be hanging out with our GSoC & SoD pennant flags so you can find us easily.

Google Summer of Code and Season of Docs meetup - Saturday, Feb 4 6:30-9pm  - registration required

If you’re in the Brussels area, please join us for a Google Summer of Code and Season of Docs meetup. This will be our first in person event since the 2020 FOSDEM GSoC meetup and we can’t wait to see you! We welcome previous GSoC and SoD participants (mentors, GSoC students/contributors, SoD tech writers and org admins) and those interested in learning more about the programs.

When:  Saturday, February 4th 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (during FOSDEM weekend)

Where: Brewdog Brussels, 20, Putterie, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium (near Grand Place)

Register here: https://forms.gle/xtABoy5vheS7hMRq6

Pre-registration is required for this meetup. You are confirmed once you register and we will send additional details about a week before the event with directions, check-in procedures, etc. If you need to cancel after registering please email (gsoc-s...@google.com) so we can get another person into the event. We have selected a larger venue space with some outdoor seating available as well as plenty of indoor seating. Registration will be on a first-come-first serve basis. Once all spaces are filled we will begin a waitlist for this meetup.

We do not offer any kind of travel assistance to attend any of these events.

We look forward to meeting you in Brussels!

Cheers,

Stephanie Taylor and Romina Vicente

Google Open Source Programs