Google Summer of Code 2023

sttaylor

Nov 15, 2022, 4:57:30 PM11/15/22
to Google Summer of Code Announce

We’re pleased to announce the Google Summer of Code 2023 program and timeline.

In 2022 we implemented our biggest changes to the program in its 18 year history and had an overwhelmingly positive response to the changes (extended timelines, medium and large size projects and opening eligibility beyond students) so we are keeping the changes as we go into 2023 with a couple of minor tweaks.

  1. We are expanding the eligibility to include students and beginners to open source development. There was some confusion about students who might have some experience in open source so we have fixed that with this new eligibility rule.

  2. GSoC Contributors can be accepted into the program a maximum of two times.

Learn more about GSoC

We encourage you to explore our resourcesContributor/Student Guide, Mentor Guide and our new GSoC videos. You can read our announcement blog post for more details. View our archive for previous successful projects by year and to see the organizations that have participated in the past.

If you are interested in applying to be a GSoC contributor we encourage you to look at organizations that have participated in the past and reach out to them over the next couple of months to learn more about their organizations.

Best,

Stephanie Taylor, GSoC Program Lead