GSoC Meet Up at All Things Open 2023 in Raleigh, NC!

Google Summer of Code Announce

Aug 24, 2023, 4:05:10 PM8/24/23
to Google Summer of Code Announce

We’re excited to announce that Google Summer of Code (GSoC) will be at All Things Open (ATO) October 16th and 17th! There will be multiple opportunities to meet up with the GSoC team and previous GSoC participants during the 2-day conference in the Raleigh, North Carolina (USA) area. If you would like to learn more about GSoC or just say hello, and will be at ATO (or nearby) come meet us!

Community Lounge @ All Things Open - Monday October 16 & Tuesday October 17 -- Google will be hosting a Community Lounge at All Things Open (Raleigh Convention Center) for all attendees of the event both days and would be delighted to meet and talk with you! The exact hours our GSoC team will be in the lounge are TBD. Just stop by in between talks to say hi or to sit and relax for a bit.

Google Summer of Code Meetup - Monday, October 16 6:00-9pm  - registration required

If you’re in the Raleigh area, please join us for a Google Summer of Code meetup (including dinner) at a fun, local food venue. We welcome current and previous GSoC participants (mentors, GSoC students/contributors and org admins) and anyone interested in learning more about the program.

When:  Monday, October 16th from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Where: LOCATION coming soon (a food venue within a 25 minute walk/5 min cab ride of the Convention Center)

Interest Form: https://forms.gle/qt6rBwbcA88FHEGGA

Please complete the interest form so we can send you all of the necessary details to confirm your space at the meetup. We will send additional details in September to get you registered and provide you with directions, check-in procedures, etc. If you need to cancel after registering, please email (gsoc-s...@google.com) so we can get another person into the event. We have selected a venue with indoor-outdoor space and will be providing heavy appetizers and beverages.

Registration will be on a first-come-first serve basis. Once all spaces are filled we will begin a waitlist for this meetup.

Please remember we are not offering any kind of travel assistance or funding to attend these events (including issuing visa invitations). You can speak directly with your org to see if they might be willing to allocate part of their travel funds to you, but that is entirely up to your org.

We hope to meet you in Raleigh!

Cheers,

Stephanie Taylor