timestamp_to_string('%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%E4S', 'EST') Is One hour behind from actual EST time

Chavya Khanna

May 16, 2022, 5:03:58 PM5/16/22
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hello All,

The issue i am experiencing is this particular function timestamp_to_string('%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%E4S', 'EST') - returns one hour behind after conversion to EST. so if the transaction time was 3 PM it would convert it to 2 PM.

Has anyone experienced this before? Not sure if Daylights saving is working properly as a part of this function.

Hope to get some assistance on this.

Regards,

Chavya Khanna

Igor Peshansky

May 16, 2022, 5:11:22 PM5/16/22
to Chavya Khanna, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Merging threads. "EST" means "UTC-05:00", while "EDT" means "UTC-04:00" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Time_Zone).
        Igor

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Stackdriver Discussion Google Group (google-stackdr...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the GoogleStackdriver community.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-stackdriver-discussion/5af01402-286c-473d-a173-520568d6f00dn%40googlegroups.com.

Chavya Khanna

May 16, 2022, 6:27:44 PM5/16/22
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Thanks Igor,

Reading the information you've suggested - does this mean every time there's a change in time , I'll have to make changes in my query too? as i intend to make a Dashboard using this query Or is there any permanent way so that MQL will detect automatically the change in time?

Regards
Chavya Khanna

Chavya Khanna

May 16, 2022, 6:28:04 PM5/16/22
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Thanks alot Igor,

Figured out what to use, so it seems when i tried EDT - it gave me an error message - interestingly we do have an option of choosing 'America/Toronto' (That's where i am located) so this solved the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Igor Peshansky

May 16, 2022, 6:30:36 PM5/16/22
to Chavya Khanna, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Right, that parameter supports values from the IANA Time Zone Database (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones). It looks like regional zone names are the ticket here. Glad you got it working.
        Igor