Is it possible to add VMs from a different private cloud?

Haralambie Lungu

Dec 13, 2021, 1:38:54 PM12/13/21
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi guys,

Sorry to spam if I am not in the right group, so bare with me please since I am fresh into this ☺️
My question is this: can I monitor VMs that are neither from AWS or from Google Cloud?
If yes, then how?

Thanx,
~H

Igor Peshansky

Dec 13, 2021, 1:43:01 PM12/13/21
to Haralambie Lungu, Rahul Harpalani, John Brier, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi,

This is the right group.

At the moment, the solution for monitoring VMs in other clouds and on-premises is through our partner, Blue Medora. This is documented here and here.

Our PMs, @Rahul Harpalani and @John Brier, can talk about future plans and the relevant roadmap.
        Igor

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Stackdriver Discussion Google Group (google-stackdr...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the GoogleStackdriver community.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-stackdriver-discussion/700e8427-5c6c-4634-bfca-73536149e4c4n%40googlegroups.com.

Haralambie Lungu

Dec 30, 2021, 3:24:00 PM12/30/21
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi Igor,

Thanks a lot for your response.
I actually stepped forward into it, created a Service account, installed Blue Medora's bindplane and successfully registered one of my test VMs into GCP.
I can see logs, I can see host metrics - CPU, RAM, DISK and Network.
However I find the learning process a bit hard, since I need to work with both Medora and GC. Would you be kind to share some online courses that are specific to my use case?

Take care of you and Happy New Year!
~Bobi

Haralambie Lungu

Igor Peshansky

Jan 4, 2022, 9:01:27 PM1/4/22
to Haralambie Lungu, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum, Rahul Harpalani, John Brier
Hi. Glad you got it working. The second link I referenced [1] is a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up Blue Medora for on-prem observability. If you believe that the documentation is lacking, please let us know how we could improve it, and our PMs will follow-up.