Exceeded the GCP free tier usage limits

Ankit Atrey

Jan 29, 2024, 8:00:42 AMJan 29
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
I was using GCP(Google cloud platform) with 90 days free trial which gives $300 credit for learning purposes .

Unfortunately, there was an unintentional usage of a service named "Looker", resulting in unexpected charges above credit limit. I, therefore immediately stopped the service within 24 hours.

I was not aware of the fact that "Looker" will consume the free trial credits and the charges being started to apply automatically during my free trial and generated a bill of around $4000.

I tried to find a way to contact google but GCP basic support plan don't have dedicated support mechanism, and only provides documentation, and community supports.

Kindly guide me, how can I resolve this billing issue by possibly dropping the charges as I didn't used "Looker" for professional purpose ?

And Is there a way to contact GCP billing team without going for $29 standard support plan ?

Actually, I tried emailing to "suppo...@google.com" for support, but didn't get any response from there yet.

Igor Peshansky

Jan 29, 2024, 11:28:25 AMJan 29
to Ankit Atrey, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi. This forum covers the Google Cloud Operations product suite, which does not include Looker or billing issues. Billing support should be free for all Google Cloud accounts — please follow the steps at https://cloud.google.com/support/billing.
        Igor

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Stackdriver Discussion Google Group (google-stackdr...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the GoogleStackdriver community.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-stackdriver-discussion/9d205660-baad-4480-b256-172161a5ef42n%40googlegroups.com.