Uptime Checks: App Engine behind IAP

Vytis Valentinavičius

Nov 29, 2022, 1:43:30 PM11/29/22
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi,

I am looking for a way to set up an uptime check for an application deployed on App Engine behind IAP (without Identity Platform integration).

I found a workaround which degrades the relatively secure ServiceAccount-based authentication to username/password pair: https://bravenewgeek.com/authenticating-stackdriver-uptime-checks-for-identity-aware-proxy/.

However, due to the sensitivity of information served by my application, I can not resort to the above workaround.

I found an old discussion that hints at a possible implementation:
https://groups.google.com/g/google-stackdriver-discussion/c/97BRnFFTOJM/m/OX07XRg-AAAJ

Are there any changes to this topic? Is there a way to assign a ServiceAccount to Stackdriver probes?