Scrape Log from Logs Storage scope for log-based alerts in GCP Stackdriver

Rahul Soni

Jun 27, 2022, 12:08:35 PM6/27/22
to Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Scenario: I was trying to filter logs & running queries in logs explorer & I was able to see logs from logs storage. I create a log sink in another project with a destination to my default log storage bucket.

Problem:  I was trying to create log-based alerts on log sinks logs which are basically in my default log storage bucket.

Is there any way to query logs from logs storage in logs-based alerts???

Knoldus Inc.
As a certified Great Place to Work, we aim to be very professional in our quality of work, commitment to results, and proactive communication. If you feel otherwise please share your feedback and we would improve on it. Promise.
This email message is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the email message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained. Please inform us of the delivery error by return email. Thank you for your cooperation.
Le présent message électronique est confidentiel et peut être couvert par le secret professionnel. Il est à l’usage exclusif du destinataire. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur ou si vous n’en êtes pas le destinataire prévu, vous devez détruire le message et toute pièce jointe ou copie et vous êtes tenu de ne pas conserver, distribuer, divulguer ni utiliser tout renseignement qu’il contient. Veuillez nous informer de toute erreur d’envoi en répondant à ce message. Merci de votre collaboration.

Charles Baer

Jun 27, 2022, 12:45:09 PM6/27/22
to Rahul Soni, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Hi Rahul,

I'm a product manager with Cloud Logging. Today, logs-based metrics are scoped to the project in which they are generated. There is a feature on the near-term roadmap (with caveat that timing may change) to scope logs-based metrics to a Log Bucket which would allow you to scope your logs-based metrics to a Log Bucket.

Thanks,
-Charles

--
© 2021 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Stackdriver Discussion Google Group (google-stackdr...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the GoogleStackdriver community.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-stackdriver-discussion/0ae959bc-652e-4a82-8b49-1dfd4f50111cn%40googlegroups.com.

Rahul Soni

Jun 27, 2022, 1:17:47 PM6/27/22
to Charles Baer, Google Stackdriver Discussion Forum
Sounds good, thanks Charles.

I'm waiting for this feature to come live.
--
Rahul Soni
Software Consultant

Toronto - Chicago - Amsterdam - Singapore - Ho Chi Minh - New Delhi