Night mode WON'T turn off! Help!

S Emly

Dec 24, 2016, 9:12:33 AM12/24/16
to Google Sky Map
I selected "toggle night mode" and now it won't turn off. There are no buttons available, there is no settings option (just the choices of what you want to see: stars, planets, grid, etc). Night mode makes the app unusable, I cannot see anything because the red on black is too dim. I've turned off the app, restarted my phone and still, night mode remains. I don't know what to do, have searched extensively online and found nothing even regarding the topic. Help! I want to use this app again! Thanks

John Taylor

Dec 24, 2016, 10:44:24 AM12/24/16
to Google Sky Map
Hello,  I'm pretty perplexed about this - how did you switch on night mode if there's no settings option for it?  Would love to hear more about which phone you have.  Screenshots would also be useful to help us diagnose the issue.
Regardless, there is a way to solve this (though it's something of a blunt instrument): you could uninstall the app and reinstall it.  That will wipe any settings.  Another method would be to go into your phones settings, select "apps", find Sky Map, then "storage" then "clear data".  That'll do the same thing.  Although this will work it'd be great if we can solve the actual problem though.

Hope this helps,

John