Some constelations does not have translation

Pavel Amialiushka

Apr 5, 2017, 2:56:29 PM4/5/17
to Google Sky Map
Some constelations does not have translation, AFAIK in any language. For example: Canis Minor, Monoceror, Lepus, Sextans

John Taylor

Apr 5, 2017, 6:58:26 PM4/5/17
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavel - do you mean they don't show up at all on the map, or they're just not translated?  We have limited translation resources - if you can provide translations in your native language I'm happy to add them.

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 14:56 Pavel Amialiushka <amial...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some constelations does not have translation, AFAIK in any language. For example: Canis Minor, Monoceror, Lepus, Sextans

Alejandro Cedillo

Apr 6, 2017, 12:04:13 AM4/6/17
to Google Sky Map
Not sure about those specific constellations in particular, but I know most of them (if not all) are Latin nomenclature so they shouldn't necessarily be translated -same as scientific names for all vegetal and animal species..  although I just found a site where they list all constellations with, among other things, their respective English 'nicknames' (as they call them there)