Wrong planet drawing order (Jupiter over Venus)

Piotr Wieczorek

Oct 27, 2015, 8:39:06 AM10/27/15
to Google Sky Map
As you can see on the attached image, when Jupiter and Venus are close to each other (they are labeled in Polish here: Jowisz and Wenus, respectively), the Jupiter is drawn over the Venus.
It doesn't seem to be correct. :)
There may be some UI/UX reasons for doing it that way, but in that instance it looks wrong to me.

Piotr
Screenshot_20151025-035628.png

Kevin Serafini

Oct 27, 2015, 8:42:47 AM10/27/15
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Heh. We draw the planets in order from closest to sun to furthest from sun. Since we draw Venus before Jupiter, Jupiter ends up on top.

I'll add that bug to the list. It should be easy to fix...