Troubleshooting FAQ

kevin.s...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2010, 1:11:19 PM11/17/10
to Google Sky Map
Here are answers to the most common problems encountered with Sky Map:

Q: The application fails to install on Android 2.2
A: There is an issue with SD cards and Android 2.2. You should be able
to install the app if you un-mount or remove your SD card. Once the
app is installed, you should be able to re-insert the SD card and even
move the app there if you want.

Q: The app stops tracking the stars.
A: Its possible your phone is in Manual mode. When you tap the screen,
a button appears in the bottom left corner. This button will toggle
between Automatic and Manual mode. Tap the button and the application
should perform normally.

Q: The app seems to be pointing in the wrong direction.
A: There are several things that may cause this.
1. The compass needs to be re-calibrated. To do this, hold the
device at arms length and move it in a figure eight pattern. That
should reset the compass and hopefully resolve the problem.
2. The app is using the wrong location. You can set your location by
going to Settings -> Location Settings. Toggle the "Always use GPS"
button, then go back to the main screen. You should see a message of
the form "Location set to XXX." Make sure that XXX is correct. If its
not, you can also set your location manually in the Location Settings
panel.

Q: How do I move the app to the SD card.
A: You can only move to SD card if you have Android 2.2 installed.
If you do, you can do it via the Settings menu. Go to: Settings ->
Application -> Manage applications -> Google Sky Map. The button
labeled "Move to SD Card" will move the app to the SD card.

Dominic Widdows

Nov 17, 2010, 5:29:39 PM11/17/10
to Google Sky Map
A longer list of FAQs is also maintained on the Sky Map homepage at
http://www.google.com/mobile/skymap/

Please feel free to post messages with new questions if your questions
are not answered here.

On Nov 17, 1:11 pm, "kevin.seraf...@gmail.com"

Will Seehorn

Oct 16, 2015, 10:47:15 AM10/16/15
to Google Sky Map

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 1:11:19 PM UTC-5, kevin.s...@gmail.com wrote:
Here are answers to the most common problems encountered with Sky Map:

When following the link to a longer list of FAQs it results in:
 404. That’s an error.
The requested URL /mobile/skymap/ was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

John Taylor

Feb 13, 2016, 1:16:08 AM2/13/16
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up Will.  We'll fix the link in the next release.
John