Changing Request<P> to Request

Dhanji R. Prasanna

Feb 11, 2015, 12:42:23 PM2/11/15
to google-s...@googlegroups.com
I am removing the type parameter from Request. It was originally introduced (in a contrib) to differentiate string-encoded requests from multi-part (file/binary upload) requests. The problem is that the vast majority of requests are of the former type and the impact to most clients is unjustifiably large.

I'll work on an alternative for file upload that is less intrusive but uses the same tools (commons-fileupload) or something reasonably similar in power.

This change will roll out in v 0.8.11

Sorry about this. Thank you for understanding if this is disruptive.

Dhanji.