XSS prevention

kidogo

Jan 7, 2015, 8:04:47 AM1/7/15
to google-s...@googlegroups.com

I'd really appreciate to hear other Sitebricks users do for XSS prevention and if there is a way to ensure HTML escaping of all data inserted into HTML templates except when you explicitly want to output raw text.

IMHO it would have been a huge security boost if all ${value} were HTML escaped by Sitebricks by default, and require use of something like @RawText() to output raw text.

Dhanji R. Prasanna

Jan 13, 2015, 5:04:59 PM1/13/15
to google-s...@googlegroups.com
Yea this is a great point. (Sorry about the late reply--I was on vacation)

We need to do a roadmap for 0.9. I will definitely have escaping by default in for it.