Cards deck management

Kristian Serrano

Mar 23, 2011, 9:49:23 AM3/23/11
to google-sha...@googlegroups.com
I'm having some difficulty managing decks in the Cards gadget. It seems to either lag or not make changes unless the page is refreshed. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the gadget, the API, or what.

Kristian Serrano

Mar 23, 2011, 10:04:40 AM3/23/11
to google-sha...@googlegroups.com
I'm also having problems with inputting text in Chat in Chrome 10 (Stable channel).

Douwe Osinga (google)

Mar 23, 2011, 8:10:35 PM3/23/11
to Google Shared Spaces
Hmm, that's not good.

I did push a new version with some changes that could be responsible
just
a day ago. Can you point me to a space where you are experiencing
this?

Thanks

Douwe

On Mar 24, 1:04 am, Kristian Serrano <kristianserr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm also having problems with inputting text in Chat in Chrome 10 (Stable
> channel).
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Kristian Serrano <kristianserr...@gmail.com

Kristian Serrano

Mar 23, 2011, 9:01:23 PM3/23/11
to google-sha...@googlegroups.com, Douwe Osinga (google)
It was happening here earlier today in Chrome on Windows 7: http://sharedspaces.googlelabs.com/BbveuYfiHg

But now that I'm on Chrome on my Mac at home, it seems fine, or at least the chat does.

Douwe Ϙsinga

Mar 23, 2011, 9:09:01 PM3/23/11
to Kristian Serrano, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
I saw an error in the reconnect logic that's now part of shared spaces and thought of another optimization to handle reconnect errors in general. I'll try to get them in today. Keep me posted if you see this sort of thing more often - especially if you can get it to reproduce.

By the way, nice card thing you got there!

Douwe

Kristian Serrano

Mar 23, 2011, 9:12:36 PM3/23/11
to Douwe Ϙsinga, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
Than, Douwe! I'll try it again tomorrow on my Windows 7 machine (Shhh... it's my work computer.)

It's a pretty slick gadget. Charles Lehner did a great job with it. He was planning to allow for custom decks, but I think higher priorities got in the way.

Kristian Serrano

Mar 23, 2011, 9:20:58 PM3/23/11
to Douwe Ϙsinga, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
There's also some inconsistency with the online status indicator. (Sorry for throwing more at you.)

Kristian Serrano

Mar 24, 2011, 9:15:11 AM3/24/11
to Douwe Ϙsinga, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed. Windows 7 (64-bit) with Chrome 10.0.648.151 is having issues with chat and deck management.

Douwe Ϙsinga

Mar 24, 2011, 6:47:06 PM3/24/11
to Kristian Serrano, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
Ok, let me see if I can find something w your configuration. I tried on vista and chat at least seemed to work fine. Do you see any JS errors?

Kristian Serrano

Mar 25, 2011, 9:18:26 AM3/25/11
to Douwe Ϙsinga, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
I think I have it resolved. I had a few options turned on in Chrome's about:flags page on my Windows 7 machine. I disabled all of them and everything seems fine so far. Chat works properly, and deck management seems okay now.

(Note to self: stop screwing around with experimental features in Chrome.)

Douwe Ϙsinga

Mar 25, 2011, 7:13:47 PM3/25/11
to Kristian Serrano, google-sha...@googlegroups.com
That's great to hear!