Upcoming Google Search Education Webinars -- Writing Successful Queries with Predictive Search

Google Search Educators

Apr 26, 2011, 12:28:50 PM4/26/11
to Event Notification for Google Search Education Courses (K-12)
Hello Search Educators:

In May, we are taking a slightly different approach to our free online
search education classes, with a two-part webinar focused on
predictive searching—a method for visualizing your ideal source and
using it to build effective searches.

Description of courses:

Number one rule of search engines: search for you answer, not your
question. But what does this look like in practice? How do you
visualize your perfect source and use that to build a better query?
Part one of this two-part webinar looks at this basic process of
“predictive searching.” The second installment teaches Google’s most
useful advanced operators (such as site: and filetype:) within the
framework of predictive searching. As always, you can watch live in
order to ask questions and chat with others, or watch the archives
here: https://sites.google.com/site/gwebsearcheducation/webinars.

Presented by Tasha Bergson-Michelson, MLIS

Please register by clicking on the links below, and feel free to share
with others who would find this useful:

Writing Successful Queries I: Introduction to Predictive Search
May 4, 2011 (3:30 pm PST)
https://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?d=574325910&t=a&EA=tashabm%40earthlink.net&ET=de965495192ec48e626bd4069aaedafd&ETR=65f2667b2b3b919a13c725072d9de959&RT=MiM0&p

Writing Successful Queries II: Using Predictive Search to Teach
Advanced Operators: May 18, 2011 (3:30 pm, PST)
https://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?d=579997482&t=a&EA=tashabm%40earthlink.net&ET=c3be53ba67ce131c233ee922d8702c73&ETR=093cc789dc3d25875d3c12d63deb54eb&RT=MiM0&p

Each presentation will be archived within a few days after it goes
live here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gwebsearcheducation/webinars.

Hope to see you there,
Google's Search Education Team