Invite to Search Class at Google (Mt. View, CA) on 6/23

Google Search Educators

Jun 15, 2011, 8:57:15 PM6/15/11
to Event Notification for Google Search Education Courses (K-12), t...@google.com
Hello Search Educators,

Please share this announcement with fellow educators in the San
Francisco Bay Area who you think would enjoy a more basic web search
class--warning, it fills up fast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer is upon us, I'm happy to announce that we're offering a free
Web search class (looking at some of our favorite operators, elements
from the left hand panel, and basic search strategies).

What: Web Search Class

Where: Googleplex, Mt. View, CA

When: June 23, 2011 (5:30 pm)

Who: Teachers, administrators, librarians and all teaching
professionals (but not to students or non-teaching folks—we give those
classes at other times).

How: Please e-mail me if you are unable to fill out this registration
form.
https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dHVKd1Byc2xaYl9oSFozUVF0VUVfakE6MA#gid=0

Dinner will follow at 7:30, so come ready to learn and then to
socialize over good food!

After the class, you will know how to use some of the most frequently
needed operators and other search-related tools. You'll also have a
huge number of examples to use in your classes and classroom ready
materials for you to use.

Note that we only have 50 seats available, so sign up as soon as you
know if you can make it. (The last class we offered sold out in 2
hours after I posted the invitation!)

Please feel free to pass this along to other teaching professionals if
you think they'd like to attend.

Hope to see you next Thursday evening!

-- Dan Russell --
-- Google Search Education Outreach --