June Google Search Education webinar--Sensemaking: The next level of search skills

Google Search Educators

Jun 15, 2011, 1:13:50 AM6/15/11
to Event Notification for Google Search Education Courses (K-12)
Hello Search Educators:

Please join us for our next webinar.

Title: Sensemaking: The next level of search skills

Abstract: Sensemaking is what you do when you collect, organize and
restructure information to come to some deeper understanding. In
essence, it's the process we follow when we research complex
historical topics... or when we're buying a refrigerator. I'll talk
about ways that people do sensemaking, some best practices and how you
can improve your sensemaking behavior.

Speaker: Daniel M. Russell, Ph.D.

Bio: Dan is a research scientist in Google's search quality product
group. He has done extensive work over the past 15 years in
understanding how people make sense of their complex data spaces. His
web site (http://goo.gl/NERVh) has a good selection of readings on
sensemaking topics.

Please register by clicking on the links below, and feel free to share
with others who would find this useful:

Tuesday, June 21 (1:00pm PST)

Short URL: http://goo.gl/cMWRX
Full URL:
https://googleonline.webex.com/googleonline/onstage/g.php?d=576445806&t=a&EA=tashabm%40earthlink.net&ET=911a427f56423062c462f14313a5f061&ETR=c59445a98c5a2adf0a43e5bcbbb71dd0&RT=MiM0&p

Each presentation will be archived within a few days after it goes
live here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gwebsearcheducation/webinars.

Thank you,
Tasha Bergson-Michelson