Office Hours in Google+ Hangouts--Today 10:30 am (Pacific)

Google Search Educators

Jul 19, 2011, 11:44:38 AM7/19/11
to Event Notification for Google Search Education Courses (K-12)
Good morning, Search Educators:

First--please excuse cross posting, and reply to the e-mail address
below rather than directly to this e-mail.

Today, I'm in the mood for a little experimentation--so, at 10:30 am
(Pacific) I'm going to hold a trial Search Education Office Hours in a
Google+ hangout. Bring your lesson plans and your thorny problems
about teaching re/search. We'll tackle them collaboratively, and
experiment with how this tool can be used for online learning at the
same time.

Hangouts allow group videoconferencing for up to ten people, so this
particular event may be small, but if it is a good learning experience
I hope to set regular hours as we all ramp up for the new school year.
As usual, this event is for people who teach others how to search.

To join a hangout, you need to be on Google+ (plus.google.com), and
you need to be in my circles. So--if you are not on Google Plus, let
me know at t...@google.com that you need an invite. If we are not yet
connected on Google Plus, please circle me--I'll try to be all up-to-
date on my connections before starting the hangout.

To learn more about hangouts (including any plugins you may need to
join one) you can find that information here:
http://www.google.com/support/+/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=1257349&answer=1215273

To join a hangout in progress, you should look in your Google+ stream--
if you are in one of my circles (which you will be if you circle me),
you will see a message that I've started a hangout. If mine is full, I
suggest starting your own (green button near the bottom of the right
hand panel in Google+) and seeing if your connections want to join you
to talk about information literacy and research skills education!

Hope to hang out with you,
Tasha Bergson-Michelson
t...@google.com