"Search now and search in the future: A look at where we are and the current vector"

65 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Google Search Educators

chưa đọc,
10:06:35 10 thg 1, 201210/1/12
đến Event Notification for Google Search Education Courses (K-12)
Hi Search Educators,

Dr. Dan Russell, lead for the Google Search Education team, is
delivering the keynote address at Colorado State University's Google
Search Seminar this Thursday, January 12, at 11:15 am PST. He is
giving via Google+ Hangout On Air, so it is open to all for viewing
as part of our ongoing alpha test of the technology. We hope you can
join us.

Title: Search now and search in the future: A look at where we are
and the current vector

Abstract: How well DO people search on Google? Although popular
opinion is that "everyone is above average," that obviously can't be
true. The truth is that self-perceptions of search expertise are
often wildly over-estimated and that people, on average, actually use
only a fraction of the potential of Google. They both don’t know much
of what’s possible, and don’t understand where internet search
capabilities are headed. Since the rate of change and improvements
isn’t slowly down, in this talk I’ll examine where we are, and where
we’re headed, and conclude with some heuristics for teaching research
skills in the years ahead.

Bio: Daniel Russell is the Uber Tech Lead for Search Quality and User
Happiness in Mountain View. He earned his PhD in computer science,
specializing in Artificial Intelligence until he realized that
magnifying and understanding human intelligence was his real passion.
Twenty years ago he foreswore AI in favor of HI, and enjoys teaching,
learning, running and music, preferably all in one day. He has worked
at Xerox PARC before it was PARC.com, was in the Advanced Technology
Group at Apple where he wrote the first 100 web pages for www.Apple.com
using SimpleText. He has also worked at IBM and briefly at a startup
that developed tablet computers before the iPad.

When: Thursday, January 12, at 11:15 am PST

Where: Google+ Hangouts on Air

How:

1) Enter Google+ (More info below if you are not currently a Google+
user--you just need a Google or Gmail account to have access.)

2) Find Tasha Bergson-Michelson, Google Search Educator, at around
11:10 am Pacific. You can find Tasha at this link:
https://plus.google.com/113879286190138108366/posts

3) Look in Tasha's stream for the Hangouts On Air post. Don't enter
the Hangout, just click on the Play button (the triangle inside a
circle in the middle of the screen) to view and hear the talk.
Attendance space is unlimited.

If you have not used Google+ simply log in to your Gmail or Google
account and go to plus.google.com. There, you will be given the option
to join Google Plus. You can set up an account--be sure to give
yourself a few minutes to do this.

If you have never used a Hangout, you may also want to click on the
"start a Hangout" link in the right column and try opening one to make
sure that all is functioning properly on your computer.

We hope to record this event, in case catching it in the middle of the
workday is difficult for you.

Hope to see you there,
Dan and Tasha
Trả lời tất cả