Admin login and password

MG

Aug 19, 2008, 2:54:24 PM8/19/08
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini, mgr...@compliancegurus.com
Hi Everyone,

I can no longer access my Google Mini via my admin interface through
an IP address. Therefore, a colleague Brian (who is on this board)
suggested that I access the machine vis PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse.
Well, I bought a Male to Male VGA cable and connected it to my LCD TV
that can be used as a monitor and a MAC USB keyboard. I now have a
blue screen that is asking for a login and password. I tired using my
username and password I use to access the box via an IP address, but
it is not accepting it. Is there a standard username/password to be
used when accessing the box this way. Would it be different than the
username/password I use to log in via the IP address? I appreciate
anyones help here.

Michael

Scott

Aug 19, 2008, 5:56:07 PM8/19/08
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
We had the exact same thing happen today. Our Google Mini quit
responding and once I hooked a crash cart up to it, I saw several
failed messages as it tried to start up the google application and
then I get a login screen on a blue background that says...

Google Mini
VERSION: 4_6_4_Gent1 login:

I have tried our normal admin account with no success.

Scott

Michael Gregor

Aug 19, 2008, 6:41:36 PM8/19/08
to Google-Search-...@googlegroups.com, ah...@medullan.com, sh...@medullan.com, mgr...@compliancegurus.com, scott...@gmail.com, Brian B
Scott,

Thanks for sharing.  When connected directly to the Google Mini, I am faced with the same Gent1 login.  My question is: Are the Web admin login credentials the same as the Gent1 login.  Is there a factory default set of credentials when accessing the box directly.

Michael

bria...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 2:38:37 AM8/20/08
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Hi Michael,

The Admin Console login is different from the actual machine console
login. Only Google is able to login to that screen.

If you have a problem like the ones described above, the best thing to
do would be to try to reboot (using ctl-alt-del or pressing the power
button), note down the errors (or get screenshots) and send them to
Google Support who will be able to help determine what the problem is.

Brian

On Aug 20, 7:41 am, "Michael Gregor" <clibrar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott,
>
> Thanks for sharing.  When connected directly to the Google Mini, I am faced
> with the same Gent1 login.  My question is: Are the Web admin login
> credentials the same as the Gent1 login.  Is there a factory default set of
> credentials when accessing the box directly.
>
> Michael

John

Aug 25, 2008, 5:44:37 PM8/25/08
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Brian, I have a Mini that I can get to the :8000 login screen, but
none of my logins work and the forgot passowrd isn't sending emails to
me to recover the password. Any thoughts?

-John

On Aug 20, 1:38 am, brianj...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> The Admin Consoleloginis different from the actual machine consolelogin. Only Google is able tologinto that screen.
>
> If you have a problem like the ones described above, the best thing to
> do would be to try to reboot (using ctl-alt-del or pressing the power
> button), note down the errors (or get screenshots) and send them to
> Google Support who will be able to help determine what the problem is.
>
> Brian
>
> On Aug 20, 7:41 am, "Michael Gregor" <clibrar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Scott,
>
> > Thanks for sharing.  When connected directly to the Google Mini, I am faced
> > with the same Gent1login.  My question is: Are the Web adminlogin
> > credentials the same as the Gent1login.  Is there a factory default set of
> > credentials when accessing the box directly.
>
> > Michael
>
> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Scott <scott.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > We had the exact same thing happen today.  Our Google Mini quit
> > > responding and once I hooked a crash cart up to it,  I saw several
> > > failed messages as it tried to start up the google application and
> > > then I get aloginscreen on a blue background that says...
>
> > > Google Mini
> > > VERSION: 4_6_4_Gent1login:
>
> > > I have tried our normal admin account with no success.
>
> > > Scott

Prathap

Aug 26, 2008, 2:14:33 AM8/26/08
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
"Forgot password" link sends the password to the email address
configured in Google Mini Admin Console.

If you can recall the email address, you may consider access the email
to obtain the password.

If not, you may consider resetting the admin password from management
network port.

Management console is accessible on port 1111 by attaching a laptop to
Google Mini. More details on attaching laptop to Google Mini can be
found at
http://code.google.com/apis/searchappliance/documentation/50/installation/InstallationGuide.html.

Once you have accessed management console on port 1111, please go to
step 4/5 to reset the password. the tab is "admin account".

It is also possible that none of your details are pre-populated in web
management console. This issue is seen when the setup is exited
without clicking on "Finish" button.

You may need to enter all the details one more time and save the
settings. This would not disturb the index or crawl configuration.