The secure data connector will be discontinued

Houtet, Eduardo

Mar 21, 2013, 3:32:31 PM3/21/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
The secure data connector will be discontinued, is there any tool that can replace it?

Daniel Bachmann

Mar 21, 2013, 3:36:01 PM3/21/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com

I suspected that, so I moved on to JDBC connection for online integration and Liaison<dot>com for corporate network integration

Joel Tello

Mar 21, 2013, 3:42:08 PM3/21/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Implement OAuth 2.0!

2013/3/21 Daniel Bachmann <daniel....@flycfm.net>

--
Ing. Joel Tello Guzmán
Contact:

andrei...@ullink.com

Mar 22, 2013, 3:10:32 AM3/22/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com, daniel....@flycfm.com
Hello,

How do you use Liaison for corporate NW integration? What product do you use from them? I tried to browse the website but could not find something related to this.

Many thanks,
Andrei Nistor

Dan Guzman

Mar 22, 2013, 9:00:11 AM3/22/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Did they officially announce that?

Matthew Firtion

Mar 22, 2013, 9:24:34 AM3/22/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com

Matt Firtion
Message has been deleted

Jonathon Broughton

Mar 22, 2013, 12:01:31 PM3/22/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
no exactly an announcement is it

Jonathon

On 22 March 2013 16:00, Jonathon Broughton <jbrou...@alliesandmorrison.com> wrote:
not exactly an anouncement is it

Jonathon BroughtonAssociate

Allies and Morrison
Architects
85 Southwark Street
LondonSE1 0HX
telephone020 7921 0100alliesandmorrison.com

Information or opinions in this email which do not relate to the official
business of Allies and Morrison are neither given nor endorsed by it.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager
in...@alliesandmorrison.com

Ian Ray

Mar 22, 2013, 12:47:05 PM3/22/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
I have asked several times what a simple way to replace this is...

I suppose I will be working on that for the next year and let people know what I come up with. If anyone else has any cheap/easy methods, I would love to hear about them.

Prateek Malhotra

Jun 25, 2013, 5:29:36 PM6/25/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
I think now that Compute Engine is open to the public, they should release the server-side code the SDC connects to so we can continue to use the client, but point it towards the Compute Engine instance running the connector.... This would still be helpful for App Engine apps and possibly more. We would all individually be responsible for the SDC server-side (use f1-micro instances?) but I think that solution would be a ton better than dropping support completely! I guess a re-working of how to authenticate would have to be done, but we can use firewall rules to limit access only from source IPs our companies own.

Do you think this is a possibility on Google's side?

da...@qorioapp.com

Jul 17, 2013, 7:20:43 PM7/17/13
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone found a replacement yet?  Is there a need for such a service (with better stability / SLA, monitoring, and audit trails) -- or has everyone implemented OAuth and turned their legacy applications into web services?

Nacho

Aug 30, 2019, 11:20:04 AM8/30/19
to google-secure-data-connector
Has anyone found an alternative? I'm stuck -- not sure how to get G-Suite to talk to our internal SORs....