Problems with adding images

Kenn

Apr 2, 2014, 12:43:17 PM4/2/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Dear staff,
I added some images on my projects but the quality was greatly reduced so I tried to added very very high resolution images but the result was the same. Could you please help me ?
Thank you
Message has been deleted

Google Adviser

Apr 7, 2014, 9:02:30 AM4/7/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Once you've added images you should be able to change the size by right clicking and selecting image properties.

Good luck!
Hannah

fabricatiovi...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2014, 3:06:05 PM4/12/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Even if you resize the picture, the image quality is poor.

As a work around:
- Created a google drawing in google docs
- Inserted the original picture into the drawing
- Published the drawing as high quality
- Copy the URL to your clipboard

parakee...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2014, 4:14:58 PM4/13/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Im sorry, but I don't understand the last two steps. Is there a easier way to post a graph or a table from excel.

Google Adviser

Apr 14, 2014, 5:32:59 AM4/14/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would suggest having the image you would like to use set to the right size outside the project. Then, when you add it, you can right click and set the width and height to the correct size. Don't forget to check the preview link as this is how the image will appear.

Good luck!
Hannah

cliu...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2014, 10:24:36 PM4/19/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I still have the problem. Does anyone have the detailed steps for inserting a image without any issue? -- Thank you!

mcdi...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 6:41:38 PM4/21/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem as everyone else. My chart was created with a large image size and resolution. When I drag it into the upload box and upload it, the width of my image goes from 1024 pixels wide to 200 along with a decrease in resolution. This makes it difficult to read when I preview my project. When I right click the image in the text editor, an image editing window appears, and if I change the width to 500 pixels (it automatically adjusts the height to maintain the right proportions) it does increase the size of the image. However, the enlarged version is pixelated and blurry. Is there any way to fix this?

mcdi...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 6:45:59 PM4/21/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Please note that I have tried making my image the same size as I want it to appear in my project, and the uploader still shrinks it to a thumbnail. When I enlarge it with the image editor, the enlarged version of the low resolution thumbnail is still pixelated and blurry.

Google Adviser

Apr 24, 2014, 6:23:42 AM4/24/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you checked the preview as this is how your project will display to the judges.

Thanks
Hannah

Shan

Apr 25, 2014, 8:08:35 PM4/25/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I have used preview and it still came out the same, heavily blurred and unreadable. I also tried to attach a published presentation, but when I press on the URL during preview, it said that it was not published. Please Help!

Google Adviser

Apr 28, 2014, 5:08:29 AM4/28/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please can you send the following to goo...@edcoms.co.uk

  • browser
  • OS
  • your email address
  • screenshot in preview
  • screenshot in edit
  • screenshot with the size editing box open

Thanks
Hannah

inie...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 4:41:51 AM5/1/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Kenn I had same problems

Google Adviser

May 1, 2014, 10:25:01 AM5/1/14

If you've got the same problems, please send the following to goo...@edcoms.co.uk

  • browser
  • OS
  • your email address
  • screenshot in preview
  • screenshot in edit
  • screenshot with the size editing box open
Thanks,
Neil

dgvrith...@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 9:05:08 AM5/2/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problms

Google Adviser

May 2, 2014, 9:52:49 AM5/2/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Please could you create the image at the optimum size outside the editor.
Upload to your Drive
Ensure that you change the share settings to public on the web
Add to your project using Add media
Right click and set the size to the correct amount
Save
View in preview.

Thanks
Hannah

fabricatiovi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 1:56:45 PM5/4/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
When you publish a drawing, it will provide you with a unique URL.
Copy this URL to the clipboard.

When someone is viewing the previewed image, the cursor will change into a hand.
They can click on the image, a larger image will be displayed.

Perhaps judges will be provided with higher fidelity images. Comments below indicate they will not. This is very bad for them as previewed images are very poor.

Message has been deleted

dgvrith...@gmail.com

May 8, 2014, 8:41:46 AM5/8/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I did actually upload it in Google Drive and pasted it onto the project via 'ADD MEDIA'. But i still get em in highly shrunken down quality. PLS HELP ME ASAP!!!

Google Adviser

May 8, 2014, 10:55:43 AM5/8/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The judges will be looking at the preview images. Is your preview image of a decent size and quality that the judges will be able to see?

Thanks,
Neil

srujan...@gmail.com

May 10, 2014, 12:22:39 PM5/10/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
To upload an image to my project, I use "add media" pop-up box appears and I see my already uploaded images. All my photos have a little lock under them instead of a globe. will the judges be able to view my project? If not then how to make them public? Google Adviser, fast please not much time left. anyone who knows can answer me fast...please please

manav....@mybsm.org

May 11, 2014, 4:21:20 AM5/11/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Much easier solution:
Get the picture
Paste it into word or wordpad or anywhere where u can copy it from
Copy the image
Go to google drive
Click create
then create a drawing
paste the image as a drawing
Click file
Then click publish to the web
Get the URL and copy it
Right Click the image on GSF page
Click properties
Change URL to one in google drive drawing URL

Hope u can follow and all goes well

dgvrith...@gmail.com

May 11, 2014, 5:13:34 AM5/11/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
That ain't working... Still its in that small size!! HELP US GOOGLE!!!

danielle...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 4:15:14 PM5/12/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
I have tried everything suggested and still not working. Is there any other solution?

Google Adviser

May 12, 2014, 4:43:56 PM5/12/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It sounds like you need to make the images public. In the Drive, click into each image and then top right there is a button that says 'share'. Click this and then change the settings to 'public on the web'.

Good luck!
Hannah

Google Adviser

May 12, 2014, 4:44:27 PM5/12/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Once you add it to your dashboard, if you right click you can change the size of the image.

Good luck!
Hannah

kamna...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 6:18:07 PM5/12/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
How do I check if I loaded my presentation in the summary. I do see others document that I added to project method but I donot see my summary hence I do not know how to delete

Google Adviser

May 13, 2014, 1:46:22 AM5/13/14
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Once you have added all docs, please press preview and click through your project to check that it views correctly - this is what the judges will see.

Good luck!
Hannah

dave...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2015, 1:34:43 PM4/9/15
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Is this problem solved yet?

geig...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2015, 4:46:22 PM4/25/15
to google-science-...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I just found that if you use the add media link, the url determines the width of the image!

If you right click on the image properties, it will show you the url at the top.

At the end of the url, it says "w300".

Change that to something else, like "w500", then click OK.

It should show it at the correct proportions, with the new width, and at excellent resolution.

Hope this helps someone!

Nolan

katryne...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 4:15:52 PM9/17/15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hi

I followed all suggestions. No matter what I do Google Slides reiszes my photos and adds compression to them. I remember very clearly being able to download as pdf with complete losslessness. If the lossless option is not brought back I will have to retire my use of Google Slides.

I also want to add that Google has been doing this a lot. Giving users a feature and for no known reason removing it again. It really makes me loose confidence in Google.

peter.s...@nmgra-law.com

Dec 7, 2015, 2:23:15 AM12/7/15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I noticed the same thing about a month ago. The images in Google Docs look good on the monitor, but very low res when printed. But that's not the case anymore. I was pleasantly surprised today that the printed images in Google Docs are of much better quality!

julia....@the-cocktail.com

Dec 9, 2015, 8:09:46 AM12/9/15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hello,
I have the same problem. I am working on a Slides doc and the quality of some images is really poor. I changed them inserting the file again and it was ok until a connectivity problem asked me to refresh the file, since then the images have bad resolution again.
Is there any option to set the compression of the images of the files? Or any other solution?
I can't share the file as public.
Thanks!

hyung...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2015, 10:58:08 AM12/12/15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
OK, the issue here seems to be that the image is intact when I go edit them, but when it is rendered onto the page, the quality is lost. If I double click to edit the image, the full resolution image is available for edit. But once I exit the edit mode, it is compressed again. The problem appears to be in the Google Docs rendering engine, not in the import process.

keary....@emu.edu

Dec 15, 2015, 3:13:44 PM12/15/15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Did you say much easier solution??????

how about... Insert Image.

kristineel...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 9:09:50 PM1/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I am getting the same issue right now. Ive been inserting good quality images on my google slide presentation, but when inserted, photo becomes blurry. Any workaround on this?

ros...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 4:30:57 PM3/7/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I'm also experiencing the same problem of images embedded into Google Slides appearing to lose a lot of their definition when projected to a screen. In my case I'm projecting to an HDTV via a Chromecast. The same images when viewed as stand-alone images retain their high resolution. From the appearance of the embedded images it seems as though they're being highly compressed and gaining a lot of jpeg artefacts as a direct result of that. I could really do with a solution to this.

alancairn...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2016, 8:43:12 AM3/24/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I'm also getting this problem. When I add a slide the quality is greatly reduced, so when I crop and enlarge it all has been lost.

You get the same problem in Excel and there's a setting in properties. I'm not seeing anything similar for Google Slides.

Did anyone ever get an official response on this? Seems to have been going on for a while.

haley

Apr 17, 2016, 4:46:20 AM4/17/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I'm trying to create my letterhead in Google Docs by inserting an image of my logo. I have the same problem as everyone else where the image that I insert is significantly resampled and looks terrible.

I can't believe that I'm going to say this but it's actually easier to do this in Word. Surely you can improve this Google.

allen...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 5:01:38 PM5/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Is your response a joke??? Who asked how to resize? He clearly mentioned he resized, and you don;t have to right click. Just drag the corner. The question was WHY are they blurry, not HOW to resize....

allen...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 5:09:14 PM5/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
The "Google Advisor" responses are the official ones. Not that they help much. Because there is no solution. They keep saying to save out your image at the right pixel dimensions you want it to appear on screen, then upload it and right click on it and set it to those dimensions, but that does not even make any sense. As if you can't upload a high-res image and shrink it down and have it still look crisp.... The hell? Shrinking it down should never be a problem, only enlarging it should be. Best solution is to use InDesign. There is clearly an issue with google docs image uploader and ZERO solution for it. And looks like it's been an ignored issue for several years now...

kenand...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 2:19:07 PM6/9/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
i like potatoes

kenand...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 2:20:31 PM6/9/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
thx but what if we cant cnge the size????????????????????????

ki...@pixelonion.com

Jul 3, 2016, 11:00:08 PM7/3/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Not sure if this is a solution or work around, make sure your slides are viewed at 100%, not fit to window, then paste the image or add the image in any usual way you would do.

You would notice the image quality is much better.

jaso...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2016, 9:29:14 AM7/15/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hi,

This is still a problem for me too. Images are blurry. Same result when using Insert Drawing or Insert Image.
Hope this can be fixed soon.

Jason

pagr...@google.com

Jul 29, 2016, 3:15:08 PM7/29/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
We need a Poor Image Resolution Thread that teases out this particular issue from the image size problem.

frid...@stratfox.com

Aug 10, 2016, 7:12:51 AM8/10/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
quick fix: set transparency to 1%.

albe...@pacificlab.com.au

Aug 29, 2016, 1:23:12 AM8/29/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I find this embarrassing and can't believe there is no solution from google.

Following the html code of this page the dimensions for the top image are 1643px x 184px, However, the image required must be 200px H
After creating a customized graphic with the right dimensions, both 1643px x 184px and 1643px x 200px are still distorted = pixelated.

Very frustrating indeed, I'm back to the old forms.

k...@smilingalbino.com

Aug 31, 2016, 6:46:30 AM8/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I've had the same problem. No matter what I tried, the image quality still came out crappy.
Google, what did you do to your own product? Why don't you allow high res images?

dga.s...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 2:11:17 PM8/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
there's a docs complement named SetImageSize and with this you just opaque your image, then with the complement sidebar you can resize your image and press Apply, with this your image will be full quallity. SOLVED!

ran...@berkeley.edu

Aug 31, 2016, 3:01:02 PM8/31/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
That doesn't work with google slides unfortunately!

danielj...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 10:39:15 AM9/16/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hello staff,

I was trying to add a full page image to my document but when I try and resize it (because it leaves a gap at the top) it just teleports down!
Please help

daveo...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 5:01:29 AM9/28/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Same issue. Been like this for years.

Prepared a JPG to size with Res of 72DPI. Optimised and compressed with tinypng.com

Dragged to inline gmail and the ghosting on text is drastic!

he...@virginiatejada.com

Oct 3, 2016, 7:38:33 AM10/3/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Same issue here. I feel that it's a problem to solve for Google Docs. Sheets doesn't respect the original file quality as it does in documents and slides :(

I hope they add the feature soon

k...@smilingalbino.com

Oct 3, 2016, 8:19:00 PM10/3/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hi. I finally found the way to insert high res images into Docs and Presentation.
First, upload photos you need to GDrive in your own folder. It doesn't have to be shared publicly like ppl from google suggested.
Then here's the trick, when inserting image, you must choose to insert from GDrive, not URL or directly from your desktop because of one thing - quality!
Adding image from gdrive gives the same image quality as it should be, and when turning it to PDF, it doesn't lower the quality.

Cheers!

lewi.s...@hiab.com

Oct 21, 2016, 6:40:28 AM10/21/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Kenn,

Great solution!!!!!!!!!
Completely fixed the problem.

Save the image to your google drive, then import the image using the google drive button. (Not from desktop or URL).

SORTED!!!!

Thanks so much.

jsk...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 10:16:45 PM11/10/16
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
why do some photos I insert into PP come in as Thumbnails instead of full resolution photos as others do?

Christina

Jan 11, 2017, 10:54:17 AM1/11/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I copied or inserted the google drive image into a power point document and then saved it as a pdf file before saving and closing the power point file. This solved the problem for me. With other methods the photo quality is reduced either slightly or significantly for me.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ska...@nmds.cz

Mar 2, 2017, 7:39:50 AM3/2/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hi guys,
it had bothered me for some time too and I found a very simple solution:
1st step – drag desired image to the presentation
2nd step – drag the same picture to the presentation again (this image is 100%)
3rd step – delete the 1st image

If this does not help, do it for the 3rd time.

I am working with presentation set to 1920 x 1080 px.
When the first image is scaled down, it is aligned to the center of the page.
The second inserted image is not but it is perfectly 1920 x 1080 px

Sometimes the inserted image is like one fourth of its original size and is aligned to the page bottom left corner – then the secondly inserted image is the same small size and aligned to the bottom right corner. The third inserted image is the unscaled one.

jyot...@incture.com

Jun 26, 2017, 4:29:19 AM6/26/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
error rendering shape while adding slides how to solve

engg.dun...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2017, 5:24:57 AM7/29/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
same proble with g sheet
poor quality image upload

sydney...@sydneyandjake.com

Aug 15, 2017, 12:26:46 PM8/15/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I was sooo frustrated but I seemed to find a solution.

I uploaded the image to google drive and inserted the image from the "google drive" tab. This fixed it.

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 12:43:17 PM UTC-4, Kenn wrote:
> Dear staff,
> I added some images on my projects but the quality was greatly reduced so I tried to added very very high resolution images but the result was the same. Could you please help me ?
> Thank you

Message has been deleted

adrian_...@trimble.com

Aug 31, 2017, 1:57:50 PM8/31/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I was getting this "error rendering shape" message when trying to paste images into an existing Google Slides presentation.

I found that I had no free C: drive space (Windows 7 machine), cleaning up my drive fixed me and now pasting images works fine.

xin...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 5:58:48 PM10/30/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I created images with google drawing embedded in google doc. Final image in google docs is very blurry.

george....@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 10:08:04 PM11/26/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Change the format to jpg by some apps then problem is solved
Remember, even your current format is .jpg but it might be very diff from standard, should use app to export and keep same quality

tianli....@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2017, 11:17:26 AM12/8/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Great!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!! import image from google drive!!!!!!! Thanks!

m.m.mar...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 1:18:00 PM12/12/17
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I did not have this problem with pixilation before with Google Docs or drive. This is very frustrating!

kee...@harvardparkdigital.com

Jan 29, 2018, 7:27:01 PM1/29/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I was having the same problem with pixelated images in Docs, but uploading the properly sized/resolution file from my Google Drive solved both the resolution and coloring issue I was having.

Note: Adding the drive file through the drawing feature in Google Docs still results in a pixelated image.

Hope this helps.

and...@situfabrication.com

Mar 22, 2018, 1:11:22 PM3/22/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I have the same issue and have tried every option presented here in the comments, but nothing works.

We are working on a Google Slides document and need to include our branded font on the master slide layouts. Since Google doesn't support custom fonts, we created an InDesign file with intention of using it to generate images to place in the Google Slides' master layout.

From InDesign, we created a JPEG file at 300 dpi with "Maximum" quality at 17"x11" (and, yes, our Slides doc. is set to 17x11 already). The InDesign prints beautifully, and the JPEG prints very close to perfect, so we know it's not the image we're using, the problem is printing from Google Slides. (We also tested this with PNG files)

This is what we've tested:

1 - Insert > Image > Upload from computer (with and without any rescaling)

2 - Right-click on Image > Replace image > Upload from computer (with and without any rescaling)

3 - Insert > Image > Drive (with and without any rescaling)

4 - Insert > Image > Drive (with and without any rescaling)

5 - In Google Drive > New > Drawing > Insert > Image > Upload from computer [then back in Google Slides] > Insert > Image > By URL (with and without any rescaling)

All of these methods resulted in poor print quality, to the point of being unusable. There are blurry compression artifacts around each piece of text—making it look like someone tried to erase the text with a dirty eraser.

Any actual Google solution would be a great relief, but I'm not holding my breath. Just seems subpar.

-Andrew

jeremywil...@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 5:32:14 PM5/2/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Still waiting on this to be fixed. Currently all screen shots from my testing (which took weeks to complete) are now unusable within my documentation.

imagin...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 3:35:29 PM5/14/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hello everyone,
I just found a solution that worked for me. In my case the problem were margins which were too big. Try making them tinier and then paste the picture. Good luck!

jmacl...@gmail.com

May 16, 2018, 3:28:20 AM5/16/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Yup same problem

al...@allenmueller.com

May 16, 2018, 6:30:53 PM5/16/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Google's gmail 'features' an automatic optimization process that is applied to all images embedded / inline, and we have no choice in the matter. There's no universal way around it. No matter what you do, your inline images will get interpolated.

It's the year 2018, we have connection speeds of over 12mb/s almost anywhere that is populated, SVG format is gaining recognition, the internet has evolved to support mobile more than desktops and beyond HD with video - and yet Google is still doing this.

The optimization is VERY aggressive. It's the equivalent of opening your image in Photoshop, exporting via save for web, reducing dimensions to something under 500px wide and kicking the optimization all the way up to the preset "JPEG LOW" - which is 0 quality on a scale of 100. This is all about saving bandwidth, and bandwidth is about money.

Universal support of webfonts in email? Still not a thing? Really?

Everything about email, everywhere, just sucks. I'd pay a premium price to get around this, but it shouldn't be an issue. The sick thing is, I bet they're saving a copy of the unoptimized files we're putting inline. Every time we do this. Because data mining.

When you don't pay for a product, what is the product? You are.

shaina.m...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 3:38:55 PM8/31/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Having the same issue.
No file type or resolution changes the fact that very high quality infographics or images look like blurry shit in google slides in presentation mode. Any solutions? Anyone?

shaina.m...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 3:40:40 PM8/31/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Dude, resolution, size and file type doesnt change the fact that a great image, when viewed in presentation mode, becomes blurring and completely unusable and unprofessional. Is there a solve for this or not??

andrew...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2018, 8:18:06 PM9/5/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Use Powerpoint until Google can fix the known issue.

eilon....@klarna.com

Oct 8, 2018, 7:07:43 AM10/8/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Still an issue to this day, how do we solve it? i upload a picture to slides and the image automatically reduces quality
Message has been deleted

lazysun...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2018, 11:06:46 AM10/22/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
There is no control over JPEG image import quality. This is really poor... as are the images when you export a slide as a jpeg.

When you consider how long this has been an issue for.... at least Microsoft get stuff fixed...

Dear Google,
1. Rather than spending all your time tweaking the GUI for ChromsOS and Android.... please spend more time fixing things.
2. Don't make more new stuff until you've made the old stuff fit for purpose!

I pay for Google services through my various subscriptions, so I don't want to hear "stop complaining, you're getting it all for free".

Yours,

A frustrated customer

ttan...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2018, 6:27:49 PM10/26/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hi All,

I understood your frustration, I found a solution after being so frustrated. Instead of inserting the image as instructed on google site, you may use "embed" function there.

1) Take your picture to Google Drive.
2) Go to the Google Drive (web) and copy the link of your picture.
3) Use Embed function and paste the link of your picture there, then click Insert
4) Move your picture anywhere you like!

Hope it helps.

Student

Nov 27, 2018, 11:05:41 PM11/27/18
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hello!
My images are sharp and clear when I first insert them into google slides. But when I use the corners to try and make them bigger the images become grainy. What can I do to make the images bigger but not make them grainy?

stephan...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2019, 8:46:30 PM6/12/19
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
When I add images in through insert -> image -> drive, the image shrinks vertically without a way of fixing the ratio of the image properly.

paul.ar...@tgz.solutions

Jun 26, 2019, 12:29:31 AM6/26/19
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
What is the "embed" function? I understand copy and paste. But there is no menu item with Embed on it which suggests you are not referring to something by name.

Vitaliy G.

Nov 27, 2021, 5:22:43 PM11/27/21
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I notice I'm only having this issue when the image height is on the larger side. Not sure what the cut off is. My particular use case is trying to import a screenshot of a long web page. What I did is sectioned the image off in photoshop and brought each image section into Slides, then "stitched" it together in Slides by aligning each screenshot together.

Hint 1: use "Command, Option, and +" on a Mac and "Control, Alt, and +" on Windows to zoom into your presentation.
Hint 2: hold shift and press any arrow key on your keyboard to nudge images. Closer you are zoomed in, the smaller the nudges are when you're zoomed back out.

Crazy to see this thread from so long ago and Google still hasn't fixed this.

Hope my trick helped someone..

Gigica Marcel

Jun 26, 2022, 3:54:02 AM6/26/22
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Respect!!!!🥶🥶

Muhammad Arif

Dec 14, 2022, 2:33:39 AM12/14/22
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
I found that if the images are added via Google Apps Script then the images are imported into the sheet without losing the quality.

Here are the steps:
  1. Create a blank Google Sheet
  2. Click on Extensions -> Apps Script menu
  3. Paste the following code
  4. Change slide_id with your Google Slide id (Obtain it from Google Slide URL)
  5. Save the code and run it
  6. This code will append a new slide and add the image with correct size.
function myFunction() {
  var slide = SlidesApp.openById('slide_id').appendSlide();
}

Esenyurtcilingirci Com

Apr 9, 2023, 5:12:17 PM4/9/23
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Hizmet sektöründe en hızlı şekilde hizmet alınmak istenilen konulardan bir tanesi de şüphesiz ki çilingir hizmetleridir. Acil olarak 7/24 kendileriyle iletişime geçebilirsiniz. Çünkü kapıda kalmanın günü ve saati yoktur. Gecenin bir vaktinde, sabah saatlerinde, tatil günlerinde kapıda kalınabilmesi mümkün çelik kapı kilitleri şahsuvar daf ito yuma Multilock yale Dortek kilit çeşitleri <a href="http://www.esenyurtcilingirci.com" rel="dofollow">www.esenyurtcilingirci.com</a>

khanbaloch baloch

Jun 15, 2023, 2:50:55 PM6/15/23
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
Amazing Work very nice
Qaisrani Tech

Kale Kilit Çilingir Ercan Usta

Oct 11, 2023, 8:57:01 AM10/11/23
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
İstanbul ili başakşehir ilçemiz mahallesi Bahçeşehir Çilingir Bahçeşehir de kapıda anahtar unutuysanız dısarda kaldıysanız ve  yedek anahtarınız yanınızda değilse telaş edip endişelenmeye gerek yoktur. Ayrıca bahçeşehir dışında esenkent ıspartakule Boğazköy hoşdere bahçekent Ömerli deliklikaya hadımköy alkent akçaburgaz bölgesinde   <a href="http://www.bahcesehircilingiri.com">Bahçeşehir Çilingir</a> Yetkili Kale Kilit firmamız bu tip durumlar için 24 saat gece gündüz pazar dahil olacak şekilde uzman usta kadrosuyla size hizmet vermek için heran  hazırdır. Profesyonel ekipmanlarımız ile sizlere sorunsuz bir kapı açımı kilit degişimi gerçekleştirmek için çok kısa sürede bu işlemi gerçekleştirmektedir. <a href="http://www.bahcesehircilingiri.com">Bahçeşehir Anahtarcı</a> Kale Kilitçi 13 senedir aynı ve yakın çevre lokasyonda hizmet sunan firmamız anlaşmalı olan olmayan tüm site ve binalara  bu işlemi sağlayabilecek kadro donanıma sahiptir. Her geçen gün müşteri portföyünü genişleten firmamız siz değerli başakşehir bahçeşehir sakinlerine ev oto kasa açma kilit degişim hizmeti vermek için var gücüyle nöbetçi 24 saat çalışmaktadır.

Kale Kilit Çilingir Ercan Usta

barry kunst

Mar 23, 2024, 12:52:47 PMMar 23
to Google Science Fair Help Forum
It works if you add it from your G drive. Love your blog. As a <a href="https://www.designedcurated.com/">Sacramento Interior Designer</a> myself, I wholeheartedly support the idea of embracing your own unique style instead of blindly following the trends and suggestions promoted by blogs and magazines. We have a deep understanding of what truly suits our personal tastes and complements our living spaces. Your article offers a refreshing perspective and valuable advice that encourages readers to trust their instincts and create an environment that genuinely reflects their individuality. Thank you for sharing such an insightful and liberating message through your writing.

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 7:08:04 PM UTC-8 george....@gmail.com wrote:
Change the format to jpg by some apps then problem is solved
Remember, even your current format is .jpg but it might be very diff from standard, should use app to export and keep same quality

barry kunst

May 15, 2024, 2:34:14 AMMay 15
to Google Science Fair Help Forum