Announcing RSS Hero

Boris Mann

Jan 7, 2012, 6:43:55 PM1/7/12
to google-reader-.
Hi:

I wanted to announce a new web service called RSS Hero (http://www.rsshero.com). We've been up and running for a month and a half and are getting good feedback from our early alpha users, so it's time to invite more people in.

We started by thinking about how we wanted some of the Google Reader features back, like following other peoples' shares. We're still evolving our thinking on what we and other users want from the service. Right now we're focused on distraction free reading of great content: making it quick and easy to read lots of content.

I've followed a lot of the discussion about making a "distributed" version of Google Reader's social functionality. We haven't managed to crack this yet, but we did enable something we're calling "share feeds" (http://blog.rsshero.com/post/13413025548/share-feeds) - even if you're using a different tool to create "shares", you can add it to your RSS Hero profile so that you can have one feed of shared items that comes from multiple sources. This is similar a discussion on list -- see http://groups.google.com/group/google-reader-diaspora/msg/590ff6bebc61a43b

Other features of interest include Google auth to import your feeds from Reader, OPML import if you want to try it from some other tool for a while, and the teleport feature to suck in the full article from the original site to read directly within RSS Hero.

Further suggestions / questions welcome in our forum (http://help.rsshero.com/discussions), and I'm happy to answer questions in this thread if people think it's appropriate.

If anyone would like a direct invite to start using the site right away, just say you'd like an invite and/or respond to me directly and I'll send an invite to your email address.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann

alex kessinger

Jan 7, 2012, 7:24:51 PM1/7/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
I would love to give it a try

colin j

Jan 7, 2012, 7:42:24 PM1/7/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
looks like a good start, but so far it's a little tough to use when i've got a jillion different feeds.  thanks for the invite.

Emmanuel Pire

Jan 8, 2012, 2:57:29 AM1/8/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Wanna try too!

Emmanuel

Saliency

Jan 9, 2012, 5:16:24 PM1/9/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
please

Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi

Jan 9, 2012, 8:28:58 PM1/9/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

I've got an invite and tried it. It is a really great alpha! It has
even stuff I really missed in Google Reader, such as the automatic
sharing of an RSS. It felt a bit strange but I will try it a bit more
and will give a better feedback. For now, I can just congratulate you
for its good start.

--
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi
http://brandizzi.googlepages.com/

Boris Mann

Jan 9, 2012, 8:58:53 PM1/9/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam:

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi <bran...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've got an invite and tried it. It is a really great alpha! It has
even stuff I really missed in Google  Reader, such as the automatic
sharing of an RSS.  It felt a bit strange but I will try it a bit more
and will give a better feedback. For now, I can just congratulate you
for its good start.

--
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi
http://brandizzi.googlepages.com/

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for all the other direct email discussion that everyone has provided.

For the record: yes, we know we have to add some form of folders or bundles. More discussion on features, etc. welcome.

Thanks!

--
Boris Mann | http://www.rsshero.com

jomomomo

Jan 25, 2012, 12:03:54 PM1/25/12
to Google Reader Diaspora
I'd love to give rsshero a try...

Thanks

Tamas Kadar

Feb 16, 2012, 6:51:18 AM2/16/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to have an invite. Thanks in advance.
Message has been deleted

Andrew Hickey

Oct 26, 2012, 6:18:01 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Ali at Presseract
<alebra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happened to RSS Hero? Is it still up somewhere?

It turned into Goodbits, and then announced that as of December 15 it
was closing for good. http://www.goodbits.co/closing_down

--
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/andrew1308 - Buy my books
National Pep CDs - http://cdbaby.com/cd/nationalpep

Ali at Presseract

Oct 26, 2012, 7:07:44 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
That's a shame. Thanks for your reply.

Were you a fan of Greader/Goodbits? Would love your opinion on my startup, Presseract. You create and share your own newspaper, like this: http://presseract.com/user.aspx?user=alebrahim.ali

Ali at Presseract

Oct 26, 2012, 7:09:03 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Would you want to try another new startup?

You create and share your own newspaper, like this: http://presseract.com/user.aspx?user=alebrahim.ali

Easy to share feeds with friends/others! Please try it out with this invite code: XL50-AN51-4V2S-P900 We'd love to hear what you think.