Re: Abridged summary of google-reader-diaspora@googlegroups.com - 10 Messages in 1 Topic

Rashaad Essop

Apr 7, 2013, 11:43:42 PM4/7/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
​Yordan, you clearly don't know what open source means. It doesn't mean you lose your rights... it means people can fork it and improve/add stuff, then send back the commits to you for review (that's using, say, Github). It's not simply releasing the code onto Kazaa (by the way, anything can be reverse engineered, just saying. Chrome extensions? Easy as pie)

I hate extensions anyway. Prefer webapps.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM, <google-read...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
InoReader

--

design intervention

regards,

[rashaad.essop]

<services consultant

  coder/developer/>

  more:

   coo, general project

   direction supervisor - ಠ_ಠ

   co-director,

subm3rg3d media

websites+hosting | graphic design | github | python programming | business intelligence | blogs+original content | experimental tech tuts | media and more to come...

Yordan Yordanov

Apr 8, 2013, 12:11:42 AM4/8/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com, ras...@skuda.net
Hi, I said in my post, that I don't have experience with open source software. I should first invest some time researching the matter, and then jump into it. I'm not afraid of losing rights, after all I wrote this piece of software primarily for my own use, but then I thought that other people might also like it, so I released it publicly.
And by the way it's not an extension, it's a simple website with some ajax (or should I call it a webapp :))