Is Sharing/Commenting Back?

decktrio

Nov 19, 2011, 11:14:51 PM11/19/11
to Google Reader Diaspora
I don't have the plug-in installed in Chrome, yet when I'm on Google
Reader in Chrome, I see a section in the left hand sidebar called
"People You Follow". There's also a "sharing settings page".

Has that always been there? Is it new? What does this mean for us?

Alex Chaffee

Nov 20, 2011, 3:11:56 AM11/20/11
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

You may have activated Ridllr at some point. That and Sharebro both
resubscribe you to your friends' old feeds, though in slightly
different ways and slightly different feeds. We still haven't really
figured it all out yet. Ridllr puts them in a folder called "People
you follow" and Sharebro puts them in one called "Shares."

Where is this "sharing settings page"? Got a screenshot?

- A

--
Alex Chaffee - al...@stinky.com
http://alexchaffee.com

decktrio

Nov 21, 2011, 2:39:37 AM11/21/11
to Google Reader Diaspora
I tweeted you the screenshot, but just in case, here it is again:
http://a.yfrog.com/img737/8906/zdhb.png
This is either an effect of Riddlr that I never noticed/payed
attention to before (?), or I inadvertently joined G+, and this is
effect of joining. All the sharing settings revolve around G+, so
that's why I'm inclined to believe it's the latter. In either case, my
eyes were just recently drawn to that area of my screen.

On Nov 20, 3:11 am, Alex Chaffee <a...@stinky.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM, decktrio <lozano...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't have the plug-in installed in Chrome, yet when I'm on Google
> > Reader in Chrome, I see a section in the left hand sidebar called
> > "People You Follow". There's also a "sharing settings page".
>
> > Has that always been there? Is it new? What does this mean for us?
>
> You may have activated Ridllr at some point. That and Sharebro both
> resubscribe you to your friends' old feeds, though in slightly
> different ways and slightly different feeds. We still haven't really
> figured it all out yet. Ridllr puts them in a folder called "People
> you follow" and Sharebro puts them in one called "Shares."
>
> Where is this "sharing settings page"? Got a screenshot?
>
>  - A
>
> --

> Alex Chaffee - a...@stinky.comhttp://alexchaffee.comhttp://twitter.com/alexch

Alex Chaffee

Nov 21, 2011, 8:09:18 PM11/21/11
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Weird. I certainly don't see that, and I'm on Plus.

Are you sure there's no other plugin you installed? Ridllr doesn't have any client-side component except for its Send To item.

Google sometimes rolls out features to some users and not others based randomly on what server they get or whatever. I wonder...

Can you screenshot the sharing settings?

Also, it looks like you're not following anyone. What does http://sharebro.org/sharebros say about that? It reads your google account info.

 - A

Emmanuel Pire

Nov 22, 2011, 2:40:51 AM11/22/11
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Actually, my very first idea was too just unhide the friend feature.
it is still there, only hidden.
I didn't because if you can get the friend list back by unhiding, they totally deleted the share button, no luck there. So i made a plugin.
--
Emmanuel Pire
Web development

Alex Chaffee

Nov 22, 2011, 11:06:20 AM11/22/11
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Emmanuel Pire <pirem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, my very first idea was too just unhide the friend feature.
> it is still there, only hidden.
> I didn't because if you can get the friend list back by unhiding, they
> totally deleted the share button, no luck there. So i made a plugin.

Holy moley! You're right, it's right there! And it works (i.e. it's
not empty and shows the shared items of my followees)!

WTH

I will now go write a bookmarklet that unhides it so everyone can see
what we're talking about.

WTF

http://alexchaffee.com/bookmarklets/#unhidegooglereaderfriends

Tim Broder

Nov 22, 2011, 11:16:27 AM11/22/11
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
very interesting though, when I click the restored link, it jumps down the restored feeds from sharebro
http://screencast.com/t/BSbOkuttRrtb

PS, thought you'd like what my wife posted
--
http://timbroder.com
http://nycendurance.com