New startup trying to do what the old G-Reader did

Ali at Presseract

Oct 26, 2012, 6:04:11 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

We just launched our startup, which some people has the same social features that everyone misses from Google Reader.

Check it out? We'd love your thoughts and opinions. We built it for power users like you. The UX needs some polish and there are a few bugs to squash, but we'd really love to hear your thoughts!

Basically, with our startup Presseract, you create and share your own newspaper, like this: http://presseract.com/user.aspx?user=alebrahim.ali

It's pretty cool to be able to read someone else's newspaper, someone else's internet, and add feeds from them/other places easily.

Here are some invite codes!

ZF80-CV2Y-E4V6-TO6Q
22EN-7GH2-BJSK-M92X
8IG0-Z4LE-DTDX-L8DM
54E0-CFVV-O34M-IYT9
278B-GK22-C8QB-ET86
JU3H-SSA1-C2S3-763M

Juan Luis Chulilla

Oct 27, 2012, 5:08:11 AM10/27/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com, exiled...@googlegroups.com, alebra...@gmail.com
Hi, Ali!

I'm part of a group of sharebros searching for a solution

How is the connection of your product with email? it was a strong
point of both old reader and buzz

And how have you defined conversations? it was the secret sauce of old
reader success: not only sharing, but commenting. Sharing + commenting
= curating

Cheers,

Juan
--
------

Dr. Juan Luis Chulilla Cano
Director, Online and Offline, S.L.
Telf.: 91 5233401
www.onlineandoffline.net

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
I don't think a greater genius has walked the earth. Of the 3 great
composers Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells
us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like to
be the universe.

Douglas Adams

Ali at Presseract

Oct 27, 2012, 6:21:34 AM10/27/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com, alebra...@gmail.com
Hi Juan!

Really excited to hear from you!

I'm sorry to say that we don't have integration with email yet. We just launched and we are working on it. Good to know it's important. How would you like email integration? Options for daily, weekly, as-it-happens email digests per feed? Same with comments. We're building this for people like you, so we would love your direction.

I made a sample page for you. http://presseract.com/user.aspx?user=poliorcetes In your green headline box, you can "headline" stories for everyone who has added that box, i.e. you curate what's in it. If you want to claim it, the username: poliorcetes, password: try

Sorry for badgering you with questions. Any advice you can give or point us towards would help us make the right service for you!

Thanks,
--
Ali Al-Ebrahim

Presseract on AngelList