theoldreader.com

Andrew Hickey

Oct 26, 2012, 6:10:30 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Only just realised this list still existed. If anyone hasn't tried
theoldreader.com, it's a fully-functioning clone of Google Reader
before it all went wrong. I switched to it two weeks ago (after
Goodbits announced it was closing) and the only problem I have with it
is that it requires you to use a Google or Facebook login, otherwise
it's perfect.

--
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/andrew1308 - Buy my books
National Pep CDs - http://cdbaby.com/cd/nationalpep

Ethan Contini-Field

Oct 26, 2012, 6:26:47 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Does theoldreader.com allow you to control who sees your shared items
and comments (as the actual old Reader did) or is that all public to
anyone who wants to follow me?

Also, do we know anything about security for theoldreader.com ? Say,
before I give it access to my google account, which hold a lot of my stuff?

-E

colin j

Oct 26, 2012, 6:26:57 PM10/26/12
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
i just now signed up and it passes the smell test so far.  tentative huzzah initiated.

denmermr

Oct 28, 2012, 12:15:22 AM10/28/12
to Google Reader Diaspora
Very nice. A bit spartan still. Importing feeds is as-yet imperfect.
No reverse sort option that I've found. But on the whole this is the
best replacement I've seen.

And their blog indicates they have hit 5K users and are now planning
to make an ios app.