Reader RIP

Mike Whybark

Mar 13, 2013, 7:46:37 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

Rafael

Mar 13, 2013, 8:02:57 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
I still can't believe they are doing this to us, even if we are less than before, we are really loyal to Google Reader, I can't imagine using another reader and I deeply hope Google will change it's minds.

I know Googles is a company and have to look for profits, but that's no way to treat such loyal users like us, we deserve an Google alternative, even if they have to make us use Google+, I don't care, I just want my feed the way it is now.

Steve Conover

Mar 13, 2013, 8:22:02 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
"usage of Google Reader has declined"

lol I wonder why?

colin j

Mar 13, 2013, 8:43:02 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
ASGDALDSHGJAHLDSG;DJGA

They can't even offer to sell it off or something?  No one in their group wants to make something of it?

colin j

Mar 13, 2013, 8:46:40 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
...or could they donate the code?  They're not using it, obvs.

William Toll

Mar 13, 2013, 9:53:41 PM3/13/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
OMFG.  WOW!  Google Reader is my most important asset. 9,543 feeds - all in nice folders.

What will I do with 90 minutes extra a day?

What a way to sour the perception of a brand within the marketing community.

Ugh now they are all evil (I was in denial).

@utollwi

Sebastian De la Cadena

Mar 14, 2013, 2:28:03 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

That's my answer, hate g+

Steve Conover

Mar 14, 2013, 2:54:48 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, Prismatic is the answer.

Looks like feedly's getting a lot of love too.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Sebastian De la Cadena <sebastian...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's my answer, hate g+

Juan Luis Chulilla

Mar 14, 2013, 3:56:04 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

What about the old reader?

I'm terrified about the fashion of transforming plain simple rss readers in fancy, graphical tablet apps which are totally inefficient for filtering or feeds quickly

Artem

Mar 14, 2013, 5:04:55 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
The Reader died the moment they cut social funtionarity.  Now it's just a feed reading app which can be replaced.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Juan Luis Chulilla <chul...@gmail.com> wrote:

What about the old reader?

I'm terrified about the fashion of transforming plain simple rss readers in fancy, graphical tablet apps which are totally inefficient for filtering or feeds quickly

Mike Whybark

Mar 14, 2013, 9:25:55 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
got a link, Steve?

Tim Broder

Mar 14, 2013, 10:00:00 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com

Mike Whybark

Mar 14, 2013, 10:13:25 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
found prismatic.

so far it seems to suffer from the general undiscoverability of many mobile-oriented projects

Mike Whybark

Mar 14, 2013, 10:20:21 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
new suggestion from that lifehacker article is netvibes.com

Bill Bahng Boyer

Mar 14, 2013, 10:31:08 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
I prefer theoldreader.com. We have an active social scene developing there.

Sent from my iPhone

Andrew Hickey

Mar 14, 2013, 11:17:57 AM3/14/13
to google-read...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, theoldreader.com is pretty great. Only problem is that it
requires logging in with either Google or Facebook, rather than having
its own logon system or implementing OpenID or something. Other than
that it's perfect.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/andrew1308 - Buy my books
National Pep CDs - http://cdbaby.com/cd/nationalpep