Update your app now: Beta launch of Android’s Credential Manager API and new UX guidance

google passkeys developer newsletter

Aug 1, 2023, 11:35:43 AM8/1/23
to google passkeys developer newsletter

Hi there,

We are pleased to announce the beta launch of Android’s Credential Manager API along with the  guidance on integrating Sign in with Google using Credential Manager API

If you are a credential provider app, we have guidance on integrating Credential Manager with your credential provider solution now.

We have also created UX guidance to help you implement passkeys in your app in a consistent and user-friendly way. To learn more about how the Google UX team is thinking about passkeys, check out the new blog post on designing the UI and UX experience for passkeys on Google Accounts.

If you were using the alpha version of Credential Manager, upgrade your app to the beta version and start applying the UX guidance to provide your users with a better app experience.

Questions/Feedback

How do you like our newsletter?

Got an idea? Give us your feedback!

If you have any questions, you can also post them at stackoverflow.com with a "passkey" tag or you can share any issues on our Android Credentials issues tracker