Some exciting updates on identity & authentication from Google I/O

google passkeys developer newsletter

Jun 10, 2024, 12:57:10 AMJun 10
to google passkeys developer newsletter

Hello developers,

We’ve had a busy couple of months and we’ve published new passkeys documentation, exciting Google I/O talks, code samples, and more.

Read on for the latest updates and resources to elevate your app’s identity and authentication solutions.

Passkeys at Google I/O

At this year’s I/O we’ve had several sessions on passkeys and identity solutions! Check them out on YouTube:

Documentation Updates

  • Android Identity Developer Hub: We’ve launched Android Identity Developer Hub, a comprehensive resource center tailored for developers looking to build robust authentication and identity solutions. Explore best practices, tutorials, and technical documentation to create seamless user experiences.

  • Passkeys server-side guidance: We've published server-side guidance to implement passkeys. This guidance is platform-agnostic so the frontend can be implemented on desktop, Android, iOS or web. For server-side passkey implementations, we recommend using a library. Learn more about the recommended libraries and the criteria for selecting one at passkeys.dev. We've partnered with the W3C WebAuthn Adoption Community Group to create that guide.

Code Samples

  • Android’s credential provider sample: We've published a credential provider sample, which provides a reference implementation of the Credential Manager guidance for developers who want to create a credential provider app and to ensure consistency in the app ecosystem.

New Capabilities

Questions/Feedback

How do you like our newsletter?

Got an idea? Send  us feedback!