Android Credential Manager goes GA, UX guide, Passkeys Week, case studies and more

google passkeys developer newsletter

Nov 14, 2023, 2:26:14 PM11/14/23
to google passkeys developer newsletter

Hello passkeys developer newsletter subscribers,

To drive awareness of passkeys during Cyber Security Awareness Month, we hosted a week-long event, #PasskeysWeek, from October 23-27. This event was packed with information and resources to help you understand how to successfully implement passkeys.

Here are some highlights from the week:

Passkeys Q&A

On October 25, we hosted a live Q&A session where passkeys engineers from Google answered live audience questions! Watch the recording on the Google for Developers YouTube channel → https://goo.gle/3RRk49v

Android Credential Manager is now generally available

Credential Manager simplifies how users sign in to their apps and websites by bringing support for passkeys together with traditional sign-in methods in a unified interface.

Read more → https://goo.gle/45Jk9PS

Learn what passkeys are, how they work across different platforms and devices, and integrate passkeys with the Credential Manager API on Android with our new Android learning pathway

https://goo.gle/46SVYiE

Update your existing authentication solutions to use Credential Manager

Case studies

When KAYAK integrated passkeys, they reduced the average time it takes their users to sign in and sign up  by 50%.

Read the full case study → https://goo.gle/46G9XIZ

Watch the video → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moeXZ0rjezQ

Password manager Dashlane now manages passkeys too. Learn more about their 70% increase in conversion rate for signing in with passkeys compared to passwords. Read the full case study → https://goo.gle/3SbMP0M

Find out how Yahoo! JAPAN increased passkeys adoption to 11% and reduced SMS OTP costs. → http://goo.gle/475ACyT

Find out Mercari’s passkey authentication speeds up sign-in 3.9 times → https://goo.gle/passkeys-mercari

User experience guidelines

Learn about passkeys UX design, user journeys, and more, thanks to FIDO Alliance research and Google’s interaction designer Mitchell Galavan.  →  https://goo.gle/3sdqy7Z

Read the Android UX guide to learn more about how to best implement a passkey experience for your app users. → https://developer.android.com/design/ui/mobile/guides/patterns/passkeys

Chrome starts supporting passkeys on iCloud Keychain on macOS

Starting in Chrome 118, on macOS 13.5 or later—users will have the option to save passkeys in, and use them from, iCloud Keychain. → https://goo.gle/40seZXl

Questions/Feedback

How do you like our newsletter?

Got an idea? Give us your feedback!