Client credentials flow & installed app classes: useful

Shawn Lauzon

Apr 8, 2014, 4:23:16 PM4/8/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been using the OAuth 2.0 classes for authorization code grant, and it's worked quite well. We recently started supporting client credentials and so started looking into ClientCredentialsTokenRequest. However, to get an access token requires passing the same fields to the Credentials.Builder and to create the ClientCredentialsTokenRequest, which is a bit annoying. This same behavior is taken care of in AuthorizationCodeFlow (although of course less complex because we don't have an authorization code). So I've created a new ClientCredentialsFlow takes care of all of that.

So my question: would this class be useful to submit to the library?

Thanks,
shawn.