user stats - looking for info/download

bill....@serverside-ts.com

Feb 27, 2013, 4:44:04 PM2/27/13
to google-my...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today I was looking for something that could tell me about index utilization in mysql. I would like to find and remove unused indexes
on a database I just started working with. Apparently the user stats "patch" will allow this information.

We are running mysql v5.0.84 on FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE

  • Can we use a version of user stats with the version of mysql we are using?
  • Where is the download for this? I keep getting redirected to this Percona site which appears to be it's own version of mysql. I can't introduce a change like that right now.
  • Is this just an isolated drop in for mysql? Like I said, I need to minimize change as I am the new guy on this project and can't bring in the shutgun this early in the game
Any info you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

Ian Gulliver

Feb 27, 2013, 5:38:45 PM2/27/13
to google-my...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill. We don't have any maintained MySQL 5.0 patches left. We have a 5.1 user stats patch on a branch here: https://code.google.com/p/google-mysql/

It's pretty far up our branch tree, however, so it may be tricky to apply by itself.

MARK CALLAGHAN

Mar 1, 2013, 11:07:55 AM3/1/13
to google-my...@googlegroups.com
There isn't one patch that you could apply to get table_stats & user_stats from the Facebook or Google patches for MySQL. Your best options are to use either Percona Server or MariaDB.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM, <bill....@serverside-ts.com> wrote:

Mark Callaghan
mdca...@gmail.com

bill....@serverside-ts.com