Embedding google moderator - compact UI

Roberto

Jan 26, 2011, 5:35:09 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am integrating google moderator in an exixting website.

Is it possible to embed just a subset of the full UI ?
For example
-is it possible to hide the navigation bar on the right ?
-is it possible to show just the bar on the top (search and insert new button?)

Thanks
Roberto

Maćko Kulkowsky

Jan 26, 2011, 7:35:46 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
I would also like to know how to do it.

Derick Lung'aho

Jan 26, 2011, 8:11:45 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
Why not implement your own app on top of moderator using its public
REST API? With this approach, you can customize it to your liking...

--
Sent from my mobile device

Derick Lung'aho

Software Developer,
mobile1: +254717059404
mobile2: +254736860043
skype: derick.lungaho

Roberto

Jan 26, 2011, 8:43:11 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
This would be probably the most flexible option.
But of course it is time-consuming and requires a back-end implementation as well as lot of code on the client side.

Also I just wouldn't like to reinvent the weel.

Roberto

Derick Lung'aho

Jan 26, 2011, 9:21:05 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at GData wrappers for moderator. This will simplify your
work. You will mostly write front end code since your app will be
interacting with google's backend...

Roberto

Jan 26, 2011, 11:03:58 AM1/26/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

would you be so kind to post the uri of the GData wrapper ?
I couldn't find the actual wrapper for moderator in http://code.google.com/intl/it-IT/apis/gdata/docs/directory.html

Roberto

Derick Lung'aho

Jan 27, 2011, 4:18:04 AM1/27/11