questions re creation of a new group

moderator

May 5, 2011, 2:31:03 PM5/5/11
to google-mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I created a new group; and I want to use a different email address than the gmail one that shows up by default (yahoo lets you change this) can i change this in google?

I want to change it for several reasons, one of which is so that when an invite goes out, or someone sends an email to owner, or whatever, it will show the "other" email address and NOT the gmail one--is this possible?

If I can do this, and I do change it, then do I delete the gmail "member" (me, owner) from the group I own, or do I first invite myself to the group (using the preferred email); make my preferred email an "owner"; then  delete the original/owner/me/gmail member?

I'm confused about all this.

thanks!