how to control the layers of POI on tiles?

Rafi Newman

Oct 25, 2018, 6:38:56 PM10/25/18
to [deprecated] Google Maps JavaScript API v3. Please use the latest post.
hi,

we have a premuim license for maps api
when we display google map tiles we can see some clickable POI like hospitals, parks and bus stations.

how can we control on the POI layers / categories?
for example, we would like to include all Gas stations in the tiles (clickable)
or other groups that relate to fleet management.

can it be done via configuration site from google?
can it be done with the javascript ? how?

thanks

ralfwessels

Oct 26, 2018, 7:29:42 AM10/26/18
to [deprecated] Google Maps JavaScript API v3. Please use the latest post.
Hi Rafi,

if you want to have control over your POIs (custom Icons, only POIs of a special category, ....) you can try the Places API >> https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/intro?hl=de

Here is a list of categories (Place Types) you can get >> https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/supported_types?hl=de