Google Street View Renderer

Simon Zwarts

Aug 26, 2016, 9:19:23 PM8/26/16
to google-maps-js...@googlegroups.com

Last week we introduced a new Google Street View renderer in the experimental version of the Google Maps JavaScript API.

The new renderer features better label placement, smoother transitions and enhanced touch support. It also provides improved imagery quality and corrects object display on inclination, such as houses on roads with steep hills. Finally, the new renderer offers motion tracking on mobile devices so you can look around in Street View by moving your phone. Please see the launch blog post for full details of these improvements. Check out the API documentation to learn more about using Street View in the Google Maps JavaScript API, as well as to learn about new API options for the motion tracking feature.

The new renderer is now the default renderer in the experimental version of the API. To try out the new renderer, simply load the experimental version in your test environment. For example:

<script async defer

   src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp

       &key=YOUR_API_KEY&callback=initMap">

Notes:

The new renderer will become the default Street View renderer of the release version of the API with the next version change. This usually happens every 3 months (see API changelog). To receive updates on new Maps API versions, subscribe to the Google Maps JS API v3 Notify group.

To file a bug or a feature request please use our issue tracker

For more information, read our launch announcement on the Geo Developer Blog.

Happy mapping!

Google Maps APIs Team