Update: Availability of the Maps Data API

Josh Livni

Mar 14, 2011, 5:30:03 PM3/14/11
to Google Maps Data API
Hi everyone,

When we deprecated the Google Maps Data API, we suggested Fusion
Tables a potential replacement for the most common uses of the API.
And we were happy to hear positive feedback from developers who were
excited to take advantage of the SQL-like API syntax, the robust
Google Maps API integration, and more.

However, we also heard from people who were disappointed they could
not longer access their Google Maps My Maps data programmatically.

We're hard at work on a new and improved API to access this data, but
in the meantime we've taken your feedback to heart, and I'm happy to
let you know that we're turning a subset of the Maps Data API back on
for everyone.

What this means for you is that you can once again use the API to
retrieve a list of your Google Maps My Maps, create and delete Maps,
and modify features using the API. The API will officially remain
deprecated, but we intend to keep this functionality around until we
have a more comprehensive replacement in place.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Cheers,

-Josh