Data Liberation tool

Vincent Tan

Feb 7, 2011, 10:06:21 PM2/7/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I have tried to migrate my existing MyMaps data to Google Fusion using the Data Liberation tool. Unfortunately, only a few of the maps were transferred successfully. Most were transferred without any data. Am trying to figure out what is going on and would appreciate some insight.

Barry Hunter

Feb 9, 2011, 9:07:44 AM2/9/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
The tool, (presumably) used the Maps Data API to perform the transfer.

The API is now defunct.

The ones that worked, possibly where totally accessible via My Maps. Maps with more than 1000 features, or only API accessible wouldn't copy.

On 8 February 2011 03:06, Vincent Tan <tans...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have tried to migrate my existing MyMaps data to Google Fusion using the Data Liberation tool. Unfortunately, only a few of the maps were transferred successfully. Most were transferred without any data. Am trying to figure out what is going on and would appreciate some insight.

Josh Livni

Feb 10, 2011, 12:57:32 PM2/10/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the tool also used the API, which is not longer accessible.  I have updated the migration site to make this clear.

You can still access the map data manually (up to 1000 features or 5MB max) by clicking "View in Google Earth" to get the KML NetworkLink.  Then you need to get the <href> from the network link and unescape the ampersands to get a working link to the actual data (change &amp; to simply &)

For example, you will want to change

to:

Thanks,

  -Josh

alex

Nov 23, 2011, 1:33:35 AM11/23/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
You can also use the link to your MyMaps page and add &output=kml at the end, to get the KML feed.