Unexpected map style results

Mark

Sep 12, 2011, 12:57:40 PM9/12/11
to Google Maps Data API
Hi all,

I've been using styled Google Maps for a project I'm working on and
have been getting some unexpected results. The colors I'm using are
based off a Photoshop comp and are being pulled from an external XML
file. When I apply the Hue, Saturation and Brightness values from PS
into the map style it always tends to be off, either in brightness or
saturation.

Additionally, I've tried to utilize these map wizards:

* http://googlemapscolorizr.stadtwerk.org/
- Converts HEX into H,S,L that Google uses. The values it output
look correct in the style wizard but when I apply them in my Flash app
they are always off.

* http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/styledmaps/wizard/index.html
- Text input box for HEX value doesn't work for this, making it
close to unusable for exact colors

Has anyone run into similar problems? If so it would be great to know
how you resolved this and any deeper information you have on why the
colors are not behaving properly.

Thanks in advance.

Josh Livni

Sep 12, 2011, 5:05:28 PM9/12/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

You probably want to post this to the Maps Javascript v3 API group, rather than this group.

Cheers,

  -Josh