Fusion Tables, Maps, and Search Results

Doug

Nov 5, 2010, 3:55:27 PM11/5/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon All,

I was using the Google Maps API to create a map that I updated with event information several times a day.  I was planning to make it a public map later this month so that its data could be included in Google Search results.  Is it possible to accomplish the same type of thing using Fusion Tables?

Doug

Josh Livni

Nov 5, 2010, 5:36:33 PM11/5/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

Yes this is certainly possible (I assume you meant you are using the Maps Data API and not the Maps API?).

You can use the Fusion Tables API to insert the data, and then you can use the web interface at google.com/fusiontables to set the sharing permissions on the table so it's public.  Once it's public the table will be indexable by Google Search.

Cheers,

  -Josh