Using MyMaps controls

Bjorn

Oct 18, 2010, 2:05:31 PM10/18/10
to Google Maps Data API
Hi,

Is it possible to embed MyMaps in another application, or can I use
the digitizing controls from MyMaps in my own mapping interface?

I need to create an application which allows users to create custom
map overlays within a single interface, reusing MyMaps functionality.

Bjørn

Josh Livni

Oct 18, 2010, 2:10:22 PM10/18/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bjørn,

You may find this post on a V2 Maps API example helpful:  http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2008/05/love-my-maps-use-its-line-and-shape.html

You will need to do a little bit of extra code to make it the same in V3 (which I assume you are using), but see http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/poly/poly_edit.html for an example of moving vertices in V3.

Cheers,

  -Josh

Bjorn

Oct 18, 2010, 2:50:08 PM10/18/10
to Google Maps Data API
Hi Josh,

Do you plan to add V2 editing functionality in V3?

Bjørn

On 18 Okt, 20:10, Josh Livni <jli...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Bjørn,
>
> You may find this post on a V2 Maps API example helpful:http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2008/05/love-my-maps-use-its-line-a...
>
> <http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2008/05/love-my-maps-use-its-line-a...>You
> will need to do a little bit of extra code to make it the same in V3 (which
> I assume you are using), but seehttp://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/poly/poly_edit.htmlfor an
> example of moving vertices in V3.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -Josh
>

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Bjorn <bjorn.sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Is it possible to embed MyMaps in another application, or can I use
> > the digitizing controls from MyMaps in my own mapping interface?
>
> > I need to create an application which allows users to create custom
> > map overlays within a single interface, reusing MyMaps functionality.
>
> > Bjørn
>
> > --
> > .
Message has been deleted

Josh Livni

Oct 18, 2010, 5:37:59 PM10/18/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bjorn,

Can you be more clear about what piece of the v2 editing you are having trouble emulating in V3 using the sample code I pasted?

Cheers,

  -Josh

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Bjorn <bjorn....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Josh,

Do you plan to add V2 editing functionality in V3?

Bjørn

On 18 Okt, 20:10, Josh Livni <jli...@google.com> wrote:

> will need to do a little bit of extra code to make it the same in V3 (which
> I assume you are using), but seehttp://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/poly/poly_edit.htmlfor an

> example of moving vertices in V3.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -Josh
>

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Bjorn <bjorn.sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Is it possible to embed MyMaps in another application, or can I use
> > the digitizing controls from MyMaps in my own mapping interface?
>
> > I need to create an application which allows users to create custom
> > map overlays within a single interface, reusing MyMaps functionality.
>
> > Bjørn

Bjorn

Oct 19, 2010, 1:57:13 AM10/19/10
to Google Maps Data API
What I miss i V3:

1. Editing functionality out-of-the-box :-)
2. Squares at every vertex on mouseover.
3. Dashed line when moving a vertex.
4. Possibility to add a vertex along the line.

Bjørn

Josh Livni

Oct 19, 2010, 11:04:21 AM10/19/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com