Geolocation from MAC address

nyarlathotep

Aug 9, 2011, 12:02:14 PM8/9/11
to google-maps-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I would just like to know if there is any API provided by Google, preferably a web service, allowing to query their MAC address-based geolocation database. I've been Googleing for the whole day but I haven't found anything documented.

Thank you.

Chris Broadfoot

Aug 9, 2011, 8:49:48 PM8/9/11
to google-maps-ap...@googlegroups.com
Not currently, sorry!

I presume you are talking about MAC addresses of WiFi hotspots?

--

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:02 AM, nyarlathotep <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I would just like to know if there is any API provided by Google, preferably a web service, allowing to query their MAC address-based geolocation database. I've been Googleing for the whole day but I haven't found anything documented.

Thank you.

Lanny

Jan 15, 2013, 7:31:47 PM1/15/13
to google-maps-ap...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I'm more interested in geolocation info of the hot spot for inclusion in an analytic mapping application for offenders.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 10, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Lanny Newville <lan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there anything in the works to make API calls available to retrieve public wifi hotspot information from the locations database?

On Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:49:48 PM UTC-6, Chris Broadfoot wrote:
Not currently, sorry!

I presume you are talking about MAC addresses of WiFi hotspots?

--

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:02 AM, nyarlathotep <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I would just like to know if there is any API provided by Google, preferably a web service, allowing to query their MAC address-based geolocation database. I've been Googleing for the whole day but I haven't found anything documented.

Thank you.

Barry Hunter

Feb 21, 2013, 8:05:17 PM2/21/13
to google-maps-ap...@googlegroups.com
The Google Maps API for Business now has this

no idea if that meets requirements.