edit reviews

Todd Schoolcraft

Apr 9, 2013, 2:46:32 PM4/9/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
If its not too much trouble I would like to have the following edits reviewed:

Jerry Run Summer Theater
Jerry Run United Methodist Church
Replete Road

note: I know that when I made the Jerry Run United Methodist Church edit, I was told that there was a duplicate, but I don't see one. If threre is one, let me know.

Flash

Apr 9, 2013, 10:19:20 PM4/9/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Please note that this forum is no longer active.  In the future, please visit us at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker.

The theatre edit will have to be done by someone other than myself, you are outside of my area.

You are correct that the church is a duplicate.  When you are told there is a duplicate, it includes a link to the existing feature.  The existing church is a few feet away.  There is too much information on the map for everything to be displayed, so algorithms must choose what people are most likely seeking.  This is done largely based on the same factors as what makes items come up in regular Google Search.  To see if there was a feature already there you could also have right clicked at the spot and selected "Find near this point", which would have lead you to https://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x884bb9511138f2f1:0x5d2da857760927f4.  Please undo your edit to add the feature again.

For the road edit, state routes are not entered as you are attempting to do.  This is why the history shows that a Google employee deleted your last entry of the same name.  The actual marking of the route can be found at https://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x873c02c5136a87e1:0x18986ed1c01eb536.  Please also undo this edit.

Please post that first request at the new forum.  Please ensure that you follow the instructions for creating a request; namely in that you should include the location in the title.