5th Province of Pakistan

54 views
Skip to first unread message

Jabran

unread,
Aug 29, 2009, 11:31:04 AM8/29/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi MM Team & PK Mappers,

As announced today by Government of Pakistan about declaration of 5th province of Pakistan by replacing the NAs (Northern Areas) to a province itself having its own legislature assembly and cabinet with a name of "Gilgit-Baltistan". I hope MM Team will follow the declaration and will make the changes. Here are the news.


Many thanks.




Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net

Faraz Ahmad

unread,
Aug 30, 2009, 6:04:59 PM8/30/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
why we can't edit this feature why its showing a lock when  try 2 see details. is there any change of policy. 
Faraz Ahmad
www.farazilu.com
http://farazilu.blogspot.com


2009/8/29 Jabran <jabran...@gmail.com>

Jabran

unread,
Aug 30, 2009, 6:09:31 PM8/30/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
No. I even asked as well for this lock because many of such states in conflict were gettings messed up by time passers who were reporting them as bad and spam etc. You can see the mess still in history.


Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net


2009/8/30 Faraz Ahmad <fara...@gmail.com>

momers

unread,
Aug 30, 2009, 11:58:18 PM8/30/09
to Google Map Maker
A correction here guys.

The Federally Administered Northern Areas (FANA), commonly called
Northern Areas (NA) have been renamed Gilgit-Balistan and some other
political and administrative stuff has happened there

BUT

Gilgit-Baltistan has NOT BEEN DECLARED A PROVINCE.

So kindly hold on to that info. Gilgit Baltistan is now an autonomous
region just like AJK but it controlled directly by the Federal
Government. But it is not a province of Pakistan.

To understand why you have to read up on the disputed history of the
entire Jammu Kashmir region and due to the dispute with India it can
not be declared a Privince untill the Kashmir issue is resolved.

This Province vs. Territory is distinction is important!

On Aug 29, 9:31 pm, Jabran <jabranrafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi MM Team & PK Mappers,
>
> As announced today by Government of Pakistan about declaration of 5th
> province of Pakistan by replacing the NAs (Northern Areas) to a province
> itself having its own legislature assembly and cabinet with a name of
> "Gilgit-Baltistan". I hope MM Team will follow the declaration and will make
> the changes. Here are the news.
>
> http://www.asianews.com.pk/5509/nas-to-be-called-now-gilgit-baltistan...http://www.geo.tv/8-29-2009/48411.htm
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
> جabranwww.dyzynz.net

جabran

unread,
Sep 6, 2009, 4:55:07 PM9/6/09
to Map Your World - General
Hi, I meant to say as its in news that its been given a self governing
rule body like AJK. For details I posted links where all detail should
be in democratic language. ;) Anyhow, name should be updated i think
as there is nothing political dispute on that. It is already as a
state in GMM anyway so there isn't more change which is necessary to
it. Thanks

On Aug 31, 4:58 am, momers <mom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A correction here guys.
>
> The Federally Administered Northern Areas (FANA), commonly called
> Northern Areas (NA) have been renamed Gilgit-Balistan and some other
> political and administrative stuff has happened there
>
> BUT
>
> Gilgit-Baltistan has NOT BEEN DECLARED APROVINCE.
>
> So kindly hold on to that info. Gilgit Baltistan is now an autonomous
> region just like AJK but it controlled directly by the Federal
> Government. But it is not aprovinceofPakistan.
>
> To understand why you have to read up on the disputed history of the
> entire Jammu Kashmir region and due to the dispute with India it can
> not be declared a Privince untill the Kashmir issue is resolved.
>
> ThisProvincevs. Territory is distinction is important!
>
> On Aug 29, 9:31 pm, Jabran <jabranrafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi MM Team & PK Mappers,
>
> > As announced today by Government ofPakistanabout declaration of 5th
> >provinceofPakistanby replacing the NAs (Northern Areas) to aprovince
> > itself having its own legislature assembly and cabinet with a name of
> > "Gilgit-Baltistan". I hope MM Team will follow the declaration and will make
> > the changes. Here are the news.
>
> >http://www.asianews.com.pk/5509/nas-to-be-called-now-gilgit-baltistan...
>
> > Many thanks.
>
> > Regards,
> > جabranwww.dyzynz.net

Map Maker Guide

unread,
Sep 9, 2009, 11:51:59 PM9/9/09
to Map Your World - General
Hi All,
As we seemed to have reached a consensus on this, I am adding the the
name 'Gilgit-Baltistan' as the Official name for that area. Please let
me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Map Maker Guide.

Jabran

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 12:13:02 AM9/10/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Oh and in Urdu it would be گلگت - بلتستان
Cheers

Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net


2009/9/10 Map Maker Guide <mapmak...@gmail.com>

Map Maker Guide

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 12:26:24 AM9/10/09
to Map Your World - General
Added :)

Regards,
Map Maker Guide.

On Sep 10, 9:13 am, Jabran <jabranrafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Oh and in Urdu it would be گلگت - بلتستانCheers
>
> Regards,
> جabranwww.dyzynz.net
>
> 2009/9/10 Map Maker Guide <mapmakergu...@gmail.com>

momers

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 1:06:34 AM9/10/09
to Map Your World - General
great!

Jabran

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 1:09:12 AM9/10/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Cheers, Very helpful. Much appreciated.

Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net


2009/9/10 momers <mom...@gmail.com>

Jabran

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 1:41:36 AM9/10/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to jump again. As this area is not under federal administration
anymore or going to be be very soon because this is the whole scenario
of this change. Fedral government has made it a self governing body
with it's own PM and cabinet etc so it is not called as "Fedral
Administrative Northern Areas" but with a new name. But "Northern
Areas" with other Urdu translated name can still be on title name list
as obscure name. Thanks.

Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net


-----------------------
Sent from iPhone

Map Maker Guide

unread,
Sep 13, 2009, 11:51:27 PM9/13/09
to Map Your World - General
Hi,
I have changed that as well. Hope that it is rectified now :)

Regards,
Map Maker Guide.

Jabran

unread,
Sep 14, 2009, 12:01:03 AM9/14/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks.

Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net


2009/9/14 Map Maker Guide <mapmak...@gmail.com>
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages